The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. RMweb looks a bit strange this morning but I seem to be able to rate posts as normal. I just had a quick look at the Great War forum which also uses the same software as RMweb and its the same there as the Q's boat forum and RMweb. I have an Essex accent though it doesn't appear unless I'm with other people with an Essex accent. It comes from my grandmother who was Essex born and bred. Tea is ready to be poured, be back later.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A bright sunny day with blue skies, a few clouds but quite cool at 4C. Today’s plan is to spend some time in the garden, dead heading the hydrangeas and pruning the roses ready for their spring growth. It’ll be nice to spend a bit of time in the fresh air. I’ve also got some leaves to sweep up at the front so I’ll probably spend most of the day out there. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later.

Brian 

• Like 17

Greetings all from Sidcup where the sun might be trying to break through the grey overcast sky. It was certainly colder out there than in the last few days when I got the bins back in earlier.

Glad to see that NHN is getting his jab. SiL (47) gets hers today; I think it is because she ha asthma. I also heard my BiL got his last week. He's early 50s but had a heart attack a couple of years ago (despite being skinny and pretty fit).

As for reaction to jabs, the only I really remember reacting to was the cholera/typhoid jabs I had as a child, which made me very sick.

Glad to see RMweb is back running properly.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice sunny morning and less cold. Gardening and the allotment beckon. 

I feel it is getting near lunch time as Anne had to go to the surgery for a pre-breakfast blood letting this morning. 

Will do a catch-up read later as the last three days have been busy with other things.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, chrisf said:

At 7 am yesterday I was booking a set for an evening theatre performance of Riverdance six months hence.  Whether it would have been better, or more user-friendly of the website, at a later hour is difficult to assess but one glance at the seating plan for my chosen evening told me that I was not a moment too soon.  I have a seat in the back row of the circle, which should not be too bad for a show in which the stage will be filled with dancers. 

Bear would suggest that the back row of the circle is a mighty good place to sit - all the others attending will be in front of you, and therefore breathing away from you.....:D  Bear does express some concern at your choice of performance though - taking advantage of animals is not acceptable entertainment, surely? :lol:

2 hours ago, jonny777 said:

Managed to find an old can of thick black Hammerite in the garage, and so I painted the ceramic bird bath which has a crack in it, and water leaks out. My thinking is that once the paint dries over the crack, then it will provide the seal. Fingers crossed, but I gave it two coats just to be on the safe side and left it to dry in yesterdays sunshine. 

Would that be the REAL (and much missed) Finnigan's Hammerite by any chance?  The junk they sell now (after Mr. F sold up - to ICI?) isn't a patch on it, no doubt screwed up by our friends in Brussels :angry:

• Like 8
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

gave up trying to get on here this morning.  I have again avoided any of the "g" word.. it has been very foggy here but it has now lifted enough to be "grey clouds blotting out the sun" and it is chillier than yesterday.

Some muddling accomplished then ran out of various bits I need so time to spend some of my muddling tokens..

@The White Rabbit.. have you got an updated list of what you have available please?

Stay safe,,

enjoy Monday!

Baz

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I had a couple of technological challenges this morning. Some of my slot cars wouldn’t trigger the lap counter. I noticed that the ones that didn’t register laps had blue guides (the bit that goes in the track slot) rather than the more common black. This gave me something to base my Google searches on and it turns out the guide has to be black otherwise the infra red detector doesn’t work. I have painted the blue guide black but will see if there is a direct replacement.

The next task was to sort out why Aditi’s PC wasn’t sending emails. It received them perfectly. Windows kept insisting it was a password or sync error. I don’t think Aditi has used that PC to send an email since BTYahoo mail ceased as the send server was some Yahoo server. I said that there seemed to be some other Mail stuck in the outbox too. Anyway I changed the outgoing mail server to something more sensible and today’s messages went. She hadn’t wanted to lose them as they were condolence messages to cousins in India . It would appear that until today Aditi had used her Mac or Android tablet to send all her emails. Anyway all sorted now. 

Edited by Tony_S
Missing letter
  • Like 18

11 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Bit of an anniversary today, been an Early Riser for a year. Thanks for being there.

Robert

Happy Anniversary!

Got so much planned for my days off this week.
Must get back on the 3D printing wagon again.  Need to call Bosch to claim on my warranty for the washing machine (the seal has broken - they have so far said it's not covered) .  Also need to read / send off the meter readings, set up new internet stuff (although that may have to wait now as Mrs. STH is still working from home so don't want to mess it up for her).  But I may be able to get some of this out the way tomorrow.

But the most difficult and stupid job I'm not looking forward to is putting up a shelf.  It fell down and brought a little of the plaster (not plasterboard) with it, not to mention crumbling a bit of the brick.  So I tried using filler mixed with PVA glue but it won't stick to the brick.  Apart from drilling a deeper hole and using a longer screw (not sure I have one!) there doesn't seem to be another option.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Just been trying to sort out my will. The old one was written over thirty years ago and is way out of date. I've decided to use a will writing service as I did last time only last time it was free as it was through my trade union but the price is very reasonable this time.

8 hours ago, jonny777 said:

My tooth/gum ache is becoming more random and more unfathomable by the day. Yesterday evening at about 9pm, it suddenly became "throw myself off a ten storey building rather than endure this" severe pain bottom left. In the end I went to bed after trying to watch The Ranganathan, and within two minutes of lying down the pain vanished, and has not returned since. 

What can this be? It is the pain from hell while my head is vertical, but vanishes immediately the head is horizontal? 

I had something similar a couple of weeks ago affecting my sinuses. It was only occasionally painful, mostly when I pressed on the swelling on my face. It stopped when the fluid (mostly a water like fluid) burst into my mouth. It turned out that a fruit pip had got lodged between a tooth and the gum and started an infection. No amount of brushing or mouthwash would dislodge it but it came out after I kept sucking on it followed by the watery fluid. 

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

21 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Those that have met me will vouch for my still fairly strong Devon accent,

Its hard to lose.  I've been here in the US these last fifty years or so and those in the know still recognise my Plymouth accent  which is similar - but different!;)

Brian.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Where has everybody gone? It seems very quiet on RMweb at the moment even here on ER's. Dinner this evening was cottage pie courtesy of the sell by date lottery, tomorrow its tandori chicken. Tea has brewed and then I'm off to tackle Farcebook.

• Like 16