The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Today's exercise took in an illicit trip across the border. After all, Yorkshire does come within about four miles from our house so much closer than BoJo's flat to the Olympic Park. We were using our electrically assisted machines and to evade the attention of our over-zealous Covid Patrol reached the border by an unsurfaced route at 1300 feet above sea level.

Judging by the large gatherings at several popular venues Plod had given up the unequal fight and retired for tea and buns back at the station.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, polybear said:

Six weeks?  How much of a slice do you have each day, a quarter of an inch? 

Given the depth of it that works out at nearly six cubic inches per serving including the icing. And don't forget that this is the real heavy version fed with half a bottle of sherry between baking and when I put the icing on.. 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brianusa said:

Whether one approves or not, the Prince of Wales is heir to the throne and entitled to certain privilege's other than the those of the hoi polloi.  I

Sorry I can’t agree with that. I don’t think it is a matter of “approval”. I don’t see why a couple of princes shouldn’t have to behave the same as the rest of us. Many of us in our professional lives were expected to “set an example”. I can’t see why family members of the Head of State can’t either.

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I might very soon have a layout, a chap was offering a couple of micro layouts for sale on Facebook at what looks like a very reasonable price. What is more he only lives in Southend so collecting the layout won't be a problem.

21 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Perhaps someone had chicken for dinner today.:jester:

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Sorry I can’t agree with that. I don’t think it is a matter of “approval”. I don’t see why a couple of princes shouldn’t have to behave the same as the rest of us. Many of us in our professional lives were expected to “set an example”. I can’t see why family members of the Head of State can’t either.

Though I agree with the sentiment I know of a few instances where family members have been allowed in to be with their dying relative. Usually it is with full PPE so I imagine it will be the same here.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Though I agree with the sentiment I know of a few instances where family members have been allowed in to be with their dying relative. Usually it is with full PPE so I imagine it will be the same here.

Well I am sorry but I must have missed the news about Prince Philip’s health. I haven’t watched the news headlines today. When I last saw it the  BBC correspondent mentioned his “being in good spirits”. I was aware that more recently people have been allowed to see dying relatives but until you mentioned it, I didn’t realise this was the reason for the Royal visit.

• Like 8

Talking about possible misbehaving in lock down, as SWMBO and myself passed the local fishing club lake we noticed it was rather busy. There were about 20 cars there and to put  that into perspective on a good day without lock down there’d probably be about 30. 
Is fishing classed as exercise, I know it’s a sport?I don’t think they’re fishing for ‘food’ as they put the fish back. On a similar note, there seems to be quite a lot of shooting going off. 
If I can’t sleep tonight I’ll give it some more thought.

Robert

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

Did you come across DI Gary Hardman (aptly named....) in the group?  He was my boss, and took part in quite a few of those meetings.

No, don’t think so... I did meet the minister at the time, who I believe is now the Chief Minister. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

Talking about possible misbehaving in lock down, as SWMBO and myself passed the local fishing club lake we noticed it was rather busy. There were about 20 cars there and to put  that into perspective on a good day without lock down there’d probably be about 30. 
Is fishing classed as exercise, I know it’s a sport?I don’t think they’re fishing for ‘food’ as they put the fish back. On a similar note, there seems to be quite a lot of shooting going off. 
If I can’t sleep tonight I’ll give it some more thought.

Robert

Fishing as exercise is allowed (in England) as long as it is local and not overnight. Must be individual rather than organised events. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 11

3 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Fishing as exercise is allowed (in England) as long as it is local and not overnight. Must be individual rather than organised events. 

Thanks, thought there must be a reason as I said it was quite popular and on ‘club premises’ 

Robert

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

‘........but not for recreation or leisure, such as  pick nicks.’

I hope they left their flasks and sarnies at home!

• Like 4
  • Agree 7

2 hours ago, brianusa said:

There's a big difference.  Whether one approves or not, the Prince of Wales is heir to the throne and entitled to certain privilege's other than the those of the hoi polloi.  It goes with the job!  Otherwise you'd have a republic and you know how they turn out!  Think Trump, who was able to ruin a great country in four years!:diablo_mini:

Brian

Think he had help though.

• Agree 9