The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Mornin' folks, from a distinctly wet and blustery South Derbyshire.

Weather nothing like what was forecast when I planned today's activities, not that they were anything exciting. The laundry will now be dried in the dryer, summershed doors will be hung and Doggo will be walked, not necessarily in that order.

Breakfast first though, but what to have? Tea number 1 has been drunk, Doggo is still resolutely asleep (or at least pretending to be) but you can guarantee he'll hear the fridge door open :)

Hopefully I'll see some of you later at the virtual meet, until then make the most of your day.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

48 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

Another cloudy, wet and windy morning in North Somerset. 

On the subject of Mr Kipling, I refuse to buy any of their products as the majority seem to contain palm oil. I know there are wild exaggerated reports in some quarters, but even if an area of rainforest the size of 300 football pitches isn't being cleared every hour to make palm oil plantations, the figure is still going to be something huge. As are the corporate profits. 

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/palm-oil-danger-talking

I do believe that a petition is being raised about palm oil and its effects. Unfortunately I can't remember the website details but a quick google should hopefully produce them.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold

Well for some reason a post that did not work when submitted has come up now, as did one last evening.

Anyway Happy Birthday Chris - last seen at Nottingham a year or two ago.

Let us hope that the many black dogs appearing, the idea of 'not wanting to do anything' seems to getting almost universal, will be kennelled later this pm.  Maybe even some m**ing may come back.

Perhaps too we may see a view of the 'cement lake' .

Why oh why must the news permanently discuss what might be on Monday - this is the sort of thing that causes the confusion rather than the actual with people 'believing' and thus 'jumping the gun'.  'What about FB shooting itself in the foot?   Enough said - rant over.

Enough said.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Happy birthday ChrisF. Woken up by Arthur Itis this morning but he's gone away now without chemical assistance. It might be a side effect from Monday's jab as on Wednesday I woke up with almost every joint feeling as if it was glued together but when I started moving there was no pain and the joints soon loosened up. Now time to run a bath, be back later.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, chrisf said:

John Tams’ 2010 reminder of Sharpe, accompanied by the uncredited Barry Coope on keyboard. 

Happy Birthday Chris - mention of John Tams and Barry Coupe reminds me of visits to Grantham Folk Club in the early 1970s and performances by the Ripley Wayfarers - their leader Mick Peat who went on to perform with Barry in Rogues Gallery passed away recently. He was also very involved in the Derby Festival with John Tams. Google will find many tributes such as these copied below . . . . 

https://www.efdss.org/images/present/Docs/Documentation/Gold_Badge_Citation_Mick_Peat_for_website.pdf

https://www.folkradio.co.uk/2021/01/mick-peat-folk-musician-died/

Edited by Mike Bellamy
  • Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all; dull here but not particularly windy, showers are forecast.

Happy Birthday to Chris.  Catching up on missed threads last night I noticed that Stefan Cush of The Men They Couldn't Hang had passed away recently.  I'm not sure if they're Chris's cup of tea, but his rendering of The Green Fields Of France was classic.

In addition to laundry, shopping and picking up Mrs mole's inhalers (and paying for them) I have to go to our lock-up and inspect the up-and-over door which is 'wonky'. 

Enjoy the Zoom meeting if you're taking part; I don't have the right tech, although Mrs mole and Martyn do.  I don't like to borrow a laptop as I don't like using hers and his is in almost constant use alongside his gaming PC.

Have a good day, stay elfy.

Pete

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16