The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

A lot of sorting of loft junk today for Ebay, charity shops or tipping. A few bit of memorabilia turned up, the next picture is dedicated to @polybear. IMG_0001.jpg.67597816e98870b7e4b5ca2eec955e61.jpg

Many thanks:friends: - don't skip Teddy.....:scare:

Kitchen Units....

Highline.  Drawerline.  Pan Drawers.  Corner Units.  Magic Corner Units.  L-shape Corner Units.. Multi-drawer.  Angled.  Curved.  Bin.  Slimline.  Open.  Peninsular.  Reduced Height.  Mid Height.  Sink.  Appliance.....

And that's just the Base Units.  Then there's the categories for wall units, tall units, corner wall, appliance housings, tall, dressers, canopies......

Bear needs a lie-down............

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

18 minutes ago, polybear said:

Many thanks:friends: - don't skip Teddy.....:scare:

Kitchen Units....

Highline.  Drawerline.  Pan Drawers.  Corner Units.  Magic Corner Units.  L-shape Corner Units.. Multi-drawer.  Angled.  Curved.  Bin.  Slimline.  Open.  Peninsular.  Reduced Height.  Mid Height.  Sink.  Appliance.....

And that's just the Base Units.  Then there's the categories for wall units, tall units, corner wall, appliance housings, tall, dressers, canopies......

Bear needs a lie-down............

Intrigued Mr Bear what is a Magic Corner Unit? Is it some where you put your Harry Potter outfit or does stuff disappear never to be seen again? If so I have some stuff I'd like to send you please.

Edited by Winslow Boy
Fat digits
  • Funny 19

3 hours ago, jonny777 said:

I wonder what the evolutionary benefit of Rhesus Negative is? 

I don't know with Rh -ve but often genetic changes that persist do so because they have both positive and negative effects. If the positives outweight the negatives then that genetic change will tend to be favoured if not it will tend to die out. The abnormality that causes sickle cell anaemia also provides protection against the malaria parasite which is why the disease is more prevalent in regions where malaria is endemic.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 15

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Intrigued Mr Bear what is a Magic Corner Unit? Is it some where you put your Harry Potter outfit or does stuff disappear never to be seen again? If so I have some stuff I'd like to send you please.

Magic corner units are fun but I think they tend to waste space although at least the contents are more readily accessible than in a normal corner unit.

Mind you as we have. a bear involved his particular magic corner unit might actuallybe a gateway to Narnia being much handier than having to struggle through all the stuff in a wardrobe?

• Like 13
  • Funny 6

20 minutes ago, Pacific231G said:

I don't know with Rh -ve but often genetic changes that persist do so because they have both positive and negative effects. If the positives outweight the negatives then that genetic change will tend to be favoured if not it will tend to die out. The abnormality that causes sickle cell anaemia also provides protection against the malaria parasite which is why the disease is more prevalent in regions where malaria is endemic.

I’ve mentioned this book on here before, but it was some time ago, and it seems relevant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival_of_the_Sickest_(book)

It discusses conditions now regards as problems, but shows they were probably advantages for survival in some previous circumstances.

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

Been awake ish since 01:30 ish. Only semi dozing occasionally.

As usual brain was in overdrive on trailer modifications, shelf building, and the last track I listened to last night.

Which you could call a cover, since the song in various versions has been around since at least the 16th century..

Time to get ready for work..

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I see Strawhead Stopped touring in May 2012, their last performance being at Cromer!!!  Their last album was 2010.. you can get their complete works on.. http://www.strawhead.org.uk/

I'm considering a purchase. 17 albums (383 tracks) on one DVD audio disk for £30..

I also hear on the radio on the way in campaigners are wanting the UK to release their stock of the vaccines to the 3rd world, as we have more than enough..... Err There are no stocks we're using it as fast as they can make it.. When there is spare then it will be released, as HMG promised some time ago..

It seems the Surgeries in north Norfolk have got together and are doing the vaccination programme themselves, phoning everyone as they come up to the top of the list, only when there is no answer / no phone are letters being sent out.. Whether NHS will get round to it separately is another matter.. It's also reported by the radio womble that people in Norfolk are getting appointments sent for Brighton.. Get the feeling the programmer of the software used for vaccines Brighton as the example town in development?

Time to... get some work done..

Edited by TheQ
  • Friendly/supportive 19