The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Somethings going wrong here. To post the submit button doesn't seem to work and I have to reload to post. Then I have to clear the editor but my last post didn't clear even then so I had to highlight it and then delete it.

• Informative/Useful 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

More in my line, whach the little girl in the pink top

Very nice, I liked it when they ‘pumped it up’ at the end. I like any kind of music that ‘gets you going’.

The guy playing the violin  with the pork  pie hat, he doesn’t play with The Pogues does he?

• Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

That’s more like it!

What about there version of Nellie the Elephant. Sorry but can’t do a link.

I could have chosen that but didn’t want to be accused of pachydermism :jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Simon G said:

I have three different versions of "Pictures".  The first is the standard classical version, then I also have the ELP version, and I also have a version played solely on a church organ.  As someone who is very keen on organ music, the latter was a 'must' for me.

It is now a rather wet and nasty day.  It is dry this morning, so we got out for a short 1 hour walk.  Any more than that just now, and I am totally knackered.  Just never seem to get any fitter.  This afternoon, has been spent happily listening to The Doors Morrison Hotel, whilst ballasting the layout.  Some good progress has been made.

That is a favourite too - forgot about it!  My big bro is in the crowd of the ELP recording, Newcastle City Hall, 73 ish?  Who is the organist please, Simon? I'd like to hear that, also as a fan of organ music.  Gert van Hogh?

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

Somewhere I have a copy played on the piano as it was written

I’ve also got a piano version, I really do like it played like that, but I also like the full orchestra version too. Never heard it played on the organ though. 

• Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, leopardml2341 said:

@polybear further option; change supplier. I'm just about to do the same with my home & contents insurer, an accumulated number of admin 'mistakes' leads me to question how they might deal with a claim.

Good point, however this supplier offers a huge range of cabinets (900) in 14 different cabinet widths - others don't appear to come anywhere close to this; the spec is also good too - no hardboard cabinet backs, for example.  Other suppliers want a lot more of the folding stuff for the same (and usually less) product.

It'll be a straight corner cabinet for this Bear - I've now calculated that by doing so i can add a slightly larger 2nd cabinet alongside when compared to using an L shaped cabinet & smaller 2nd cabinet; this gives more storage room for unbuilt loco kits :laugh:

Edited by polybear
  • Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Paperwork needed to be shown and confirmed.

By paperwork do you mean the invitation letter, Tony?  Valerie received the letter, booked online and the only ‘evidence’ she has is a text message 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Just had a phone call, jabs for SWMBO and me, next Thursday.. yippee!!!!

No reference to paper work, just instructions to arrive on time not early, and wear something they can get at an arm..

This place wasn't built till 8 years after I finished school in the city..

• Like 13
  • Round of applause 1