The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, TheQ said:

Me normal ? Of course not, I'm not even "Normal for Norfolk"..

Mooring Awl, 6 hours solid sleep so far..

SWMBOs older brother has just had his jab, his wife had hers some time ago as she is in group 1 or 2.

Down to a million minimum in front of me in the queue, but I don't know whether the guesstimator has included the latest people to be shoved up the queue.

Last week I  put in a request for quote for insurance for Blue Moon , they got round to replying yesterday , with an apology for delay.. But requested photos and plans.. Duely sent.

The Motorscooter, has just been SORN'd, I'm not using it in the winter, and have no intention of the unnecessary visit to The MOT centre, who I observed late last year weren't very compliant with distancing regulations. So it will be MOT'd when the weather is better, and we've had at least had the first jab + 3 weeks.

A Short further doze is required,

Time to snore..

Thats all very well. What about Ben???

• Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

So today's research topic is aerials.

Specifically TV ones.

Our house has FreeSat but want to change to Freeview as the Guide for the new TV I plan to buy only supports Freeview.

I am not paying to have someone put a new aerial on the roof, but I have a flatter section of roof I could safely access to put an aerial on the side of the house (near the roof), so exploring this and the options it will give me.  Already have aerial points in every room in the house, which all converge in the loft, so could be relatively easy and low cost to get some TV round the house.

Just now a question of how.

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Thanks for the encouragement Brian, I assume that you mean Fender rather than Strat (I already have two strats: one I built from a kit and the Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Black Strat [NOS model] - amazing guitar. And the closest I'll get to a real vintage Strat).

Hopefully, shops will re-open soon and I can test drive a few Squiers and Fender Telecasters

Oop! Sorry iD, yes I did indeed mean the Fender!

• Like 11

An old band mate had a Fender Jazz Bass, I noticed a while back on a photo, he still has it, must be 50 years old or more. Rickenbacker were also a popular Bass back then, plugged into an Acoustic or Ampeg amp, they were very good. Back then we mic'd up the drum kit and the guitars but not the Bass, so they needed to have some poke to compete with a 1000 watt PA system from Charlie Watkins.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

which all converge in the loft,

Why not try the aerial in the loft? Our aerial is in the loft and we live in a “fringe” reception area for the Crystal Palace and reception is fine. Are you in a very poor signal area?

• Like 10
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

I believe that the radiologist who did the report has madecan appointment  at Specsavers, atbleastvaccording to certain so called friends.

Chrisf, Majorca does indeed have Railways. The Soller line and Tramway are a must. The rest of the network, looks interesting and the termini are near to each other.

Good moaning to all. It's grey and misty outside. Yesterday it was sunny enough for me to stand outside watching trains.  Not a bad day.

Off to a local townhall with a friend this morning to try and help out a planning problem. The chimney sweep is due this afternoon, so no fire.

Pete, good to see you visit, hope the recovery Tcontinues. I also have happy memories of Broad Street and the barred window stock from 1971 in my case.

Ttfn

Jamie

Someone far more learned than me in terms of medical bits and pieces, no names no pack drill, has suggested that it might be a software problem rather than hardware. If that is the case then perhaps all that is needed is to switch you off and then back on again. Or do you have a reset button?

• Like 6
  • Funny 13

With the shopping duly cupboardised it is now time for morning coffee / 11's and so a Tea Cake was duly toasted and was really nice. Time to retreat back to my nice warm POD.

BTW it's weeing again.:spiteful:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

So today's research topic is aerials.

Specifically TV ones.

Our house has FreeSat but want to change to Freeview as the Guide for the new TV I plan to buy only supports Freeview.

I am not paying to have someone put a new aerial on the roof, but I have a flatter section of roof I could safely access to put an aerial on the side of the house (near the roof), so exploring this and the options it will give me.  Already have aerial points in every room in the house, which all converge in the loft, so could be relatively easy and low cost to get some TV round the house.

Just now a question of how.

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Why not try the aerial in the loft? Our aerial is in the loft and we live in a “fringe” reception area for the Crystal Palace and reception is fine. Are you in a very poor signal area?

Like Tony, our aerial is in the loft, and gives a perfectly good signal for digital TV.  As we also have multiple aerial sockets around the house, I installed an aerial amplifier, which means that all the rooms can get a decent signal simultaneously.  It was a lot easier than climbing up on the roof to install an aerial!

• Like 16
  • Agree 2