The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Great Koala work by the dental guy.

Today marks fifty years of writing xy new pence on cheques - remember the change well and the 'documents' e.g. 10 + 5 = 15 rather than the expected 'conversion rates' from basis 12 to basis 10.  It did of course become a good excuse for upping prices as will Covid in a time when for tax reasons those needing will suffer while those companies like Am***on effectively paying little tax get rich.

Happy birthday to the new 'lady pensioner' - Sheila. 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 45156 said:

is or isn't entitled to a COVID jab

Aditi has received a letter today. So she went to the website and it doesn’t seem to have any vaccination centres available. Lots in Kent or SE London, some in Enfield and Colchester (which is at least in Essex!). 
Tony

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Been jabbed, in and out in less than ten minutes, despite turning up early, and no after effects. It was the Oxford vaccine which IIRC is the one with the fewest side effects.

44 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Aditi has received a letter today. So she went to the website and it doesn’t seem to have any vaccination centres available. Lots in Kent or SE London, some in Enfield and Colchester (which is at least in Essex!). 
Tony

Thats because they use an algorithm that takes a straight line from your address to the vaccination centres. To change my appointment last week I called my GP's surgery which just so happens is co-ordinating a group of local surgeries. It seems to be far more slick and efficient than the NHS one.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Thats because they use an algorithm that takes a straight line from your address to the vaccination centres. To change my appointment last week I called my GP's surgery which just so happens is co-ordinating a group of local surgeries. It seems to be far more slick and efficient than the NHS one.

It might depend on the efficiency , or otherwise, of the GP's people but Mrs Stationmaster booked hers with our GP simply by tagging onto my appointment (but my appointment was made by the surgery and the vaccine was administered there, with herself included when we were called in).

• Like 17
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

last week I called my GP's surgery which just so happens is co-ordinating a group of local surgeries. It seems to be far more slick and efficient than the NHS one

As is ours but they can't book for vaccines they don't have. BiL and colleagues in Kettering could vaccinate 7 days a week but are doing a lot less than that. 

Edited by Tony_S
spelling
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1