The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Hello again from Estuary-Land. A bit of a will they/won't they over todays bin bag collection on social media last night but late in the evening it was 'on', so I then put the bags out before going to bed. However last nights unexpected snow has changed things and todays collection has been cancelled. As I mentioned my back garden has its own micro-climate. As soon as the sun appeared the snow near to the house rapidly disappeared but its still hanging about in the shady spots. A couple of years ago I had fences installed both sides at the front. The fence on the east side is only a foot or so from the drive. When I went out to defrost the car yesterday I found the drivers side of the car, which was only two or three feet from the fence was completely free of snow as was the drive beneath it so I have no worries about slipping getting in and out of the car. Belated birthday greetings to ChrisF's aunts and I'll be back later.

• Like 18

So readers of this esteemed forum will no doubt recall one of my previous postings/ramblings/pile of dribble- other descriptions are available, where I recounted our loss over some 'missing' holes.

Well after some prodding of the slumbering giant aka Balfour Beatty. I am delighted to be able to announce that we were honoured by the presence of one of its minions bearing a piece of paper. Said minion proffered the paper and from a suitably safe distance confirmed that a date had been chosen, presumably from a hat, for holes to be dug. The chosen date is next Wednesday. So I have duly rearranged the cars MoT and we now await the appearance of digging paraphernalia- it is much akin to what the Romans used when introducing themselves to the uncivilised aka the Celt's.

We are still waiting and are beginning to wonder whether this might have been an 'untruth' in order to raise our hopes. Meanwhile the lumbering bemammoth of hole diggers, gas fitters and associated- danger you are about to fall into a hole, 'ealf & safety barriers, has lumbered further onwards onto more benighted souls.

Yours waiting in anticipation of holes.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Although there were a few comments about “the wrong sort of snow” the nieces did get a photo of their Auntie and a snowman. 
89A5A88F-BC72-4BE6-BC8B-3F52FA4709B9.jpeg.b586ada4ecebe92294a8f13469ce3207.jpeg

Message from her indoors..

"Bless"

Baz

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Most of last nights snow has disappeared, only remaining in those places where the sun hasn't penetrated. Even better the frozen slush on the road in front of my house has gone and the road is drying out. It appears to be getting warmer as well. Now to check what the use by date lottery has for dinner tonight.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Blue water sailing has been described as being indistinct from standing in the shower tearing up one hundred dollar bills.

Feel free to substitute your currency of preference.

Some people who sail (or perhaps their spouses?) would definitely recognise that description, personally, I'd class that as firmly in the 'getting it wrong' category!

Desert island companions? Excluding mucky thoughts seems to limit the scope quite a bit but I think I'd interview Robinson Crusoe, Thomas Cochrane, Ray Mears, Tony Hawks and David Jason.

• Like 17
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

For a change who would you want to leave on a desert island? :jester: Don't all rush now but N***l F****e tops my list. No politicians please  (unless disguised as I have done here.)

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 15