The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

27 minutes ago, The White Rabbit said:

And sailing could have a good side, though if you got it wrong, you could also end up wet and cold...

Blue water sailing has been described as being indistinct from standing in the shower tearing up one hundred dollar bills.

Feel free to substitute your currency of preference.

• Like 14
  • Agree 2

Had a bit of time to think of celebrity who I’d like to spend some time with. I’m not a ‘fan’ of celebrities and hate it when SWMBO has reality celeb programs on the tv. However I think John Lyndon (Rotten) would be a good choice, a full life and views on most subjects and probably a good drinking partner.

ps. Bear, does the celeb have to be alive now? Obviously you wouldn’t want to take a dead celeb with you, but could you go back in time?

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Clocks figure quite largely too, I own a Gledhill Brook time recorder with a single Fusee movement for the clock and time recording mechanism;

From what I remember Gledhill Brook Time Recorders were the ones used at a number of London Transport Bus Stops ... but that must have been a long time (pun not intended) ago.  Dad was an horologist.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 13

1 minute ago, PeterBB said:

From what I remember Gledhill Brook Time Recorders were the ones used at a number of London Transport Bus Stops ... but that must have been a long time (pun not intended) ago.  Dad was an horologist.

Those were generally known as 'Bundy Clocks'; the one I have is a clocking in/out recorder, this one came from the (erstwhile?) Sunblest bakery in Lytham St. Anne's.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 14

• RMweb Premium

stranded with a celebrity.. well I have had a bit of a thunk... Perhaps Jenny Agutter, the aforementioned Victoria Coren Mitchell but if we need food do we include  Nigella??

Decisions, decisions...

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

ps. Bear, does the celeb have to be alive now? Obviously you wouldn’t want to take a dead celeb with you, but could you go back in time?

Sounds reasonable - could add to the fun....

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 9

Still can’t sleep,

BSW01, very nice work. HMS Bluebell, is that from the old Matchbox/Revel kit, if so I had that kit for a long time and intended building it as a radio controlled model but sold it unstarted  when we moved house? Looking at your picture, I wish I’d persevered.

Robert

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13