The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

It's a good day for looking at the countryside from behind glass. Sun, snow and hail today so far. 

Some bits sorted out, paperwork chewed and part of the hutch cleaned. One headache removed but it involves that which must not be spoken of, so I'll just say "Meur ras". 

Now it's time to speak to someone about some cassettes. Back later...

• Like 19

30 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

In the 1970s I was tempted by an Aston Martin DB6 which was on sale for just over £2000 IIRC in that paper. I wish I had bought it, but keeping it in good nick and buying fuel would have bankrupted me. 

Like replacing the front suspension bushes every 5000 miles. It was the fastest moving item in the stores in the early 1970s

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

23 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I always thought Roger Daltrey & Pete Townsend were good blokes!  :jester:

You don't know them very well then....................................hell raisers in their yoof.(But then WHO wasn't..........did you see what I did there.............................coat.....gone..........)

• Funny 19

12 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

You don't know them very well then....................................hell raisers in their yoof.(But then WHO wasn't..........did you see what I did there.............................coat.....gone..........)

Hey, Who Are You to talk about My Generation!?

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Il Dottore's post is definitely in need of the

groan button 

my usual visit to the" when will I get the jab" estimator  to find another million have appeared in front of me,. How did that happen???

Snow seems to have been melting today, but I've felt the house cooling as sunset arrived.. it's going to be cold tonight..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

4 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

... one of the ... people indicted in the US Capitol siege, has requested he be allowed to travel to Peru in a couple of weeks for a wedding!

Only after a federal judge permitted a Texas woman, accused with a charge related to the Capitol insurrection, to travel to Cancun, Mexico for a weekend business retreat with her employees. The power of precedent!

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Do other ER's have other hobbies? apart from the obvious one that is never mentioned. We are aware of a few, mine is collecting and studying old maps, especially of areas that are familiar to me were traces of what is on the old maps are still visible.

I think I've confessed to my liking for both maps and treacle tart previously. Though preferably not on the same table at the same time. In happier times, I liked combining some walking and a bit of photography. If I got soaked through and chilled to the bone I'd call it landscape photography. And sailing could have a good side, though if you got it wrong, you could also end up wet and cold... Reading a good book is always a favourite, especially in front of an open fire with a glass of something suitable to hand. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Bear proposes a bit of fun....

If you were marooned on a desert island with one other person of your choice - a famous celebrity - then who would it be, and why?  Only one rule - no mucky thoughts allowed :laugh:

Over to you....

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 8