The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

HEALTH WARNING, VIEWERS OF A NERVOUS DISPOSITION SHOULD LOOK AWAY NOW

Whilst sorting out some photos for another thread I came across this specimen.  What do you call a group of ER's.   For various reasons  a group of us met for lunch one day in the Princess of Shoreditch for a pub lunch.  For the newer members of ER's here's a picture of what, for some very obscure reason was called  "The Brains Trust"

PB111970_resize.JPG.a9a4e4f636ba0e0a429115ddacff02a8.JPG

From Left to right, Flavio (Il Dottore), Chrisf, John (Bok Stein), Yours truly, Bill (BBishop), Mike (The Stationmaster) and Ian (Roundhouse). The table decoration is a chimbley for Green Ayre that Flavio had built and brought over from Switzerland for me. The date was the 11th November 2016.

Jamie 

A liquid lunch I take it.

• Like 7
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

59 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear admires your self restraint and calmness in the face of adversity.  Faced with a similar situation Bear would most definitely offend Cousin.  Should the worst happen to mil (and of course I hope it never does) then cousin will have something to think about...

:clapping:

From my experience these sort of people will blame someone else or ‘the system’.

Continuing good luck with the kitchen.

• Like 5
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, polybear said:

:scared:

Bear phoned JL at dead on 8am and got straight through to a Customer Services Adviser.  Twenty-five minutes - and 3 people later - they need to talk to Neff (who don't open until 9am) and get back to me.  All very helpful people though.

Edit mis read how you wrote it..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

I truly despair of Covidiots, and especially the ones that ended up getting a Mountain Rescuer seriously injured or PREACH their beliefs to the old and most vulnerable.

Monday morning Rant over, have a good day, one and all. 

Fit them with a ball & chain and a widows scold

Snowing

Mornin awl

• Like 11
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

A liquid lunch I take it.

A modicum of liquid but some good food as well, after all the location was chosen by ID, who by the way is now a rather more svelte version of himself.

Jamie

• Like 17
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

Fit them with a ball & chain and a widows scold

Snowing

Mornin awl

The Widows scold is an interesting one. Our Church in Gildersome  once expellled two women for having "Railing Tongues". This was in the 18th century.

Jamie

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 5

Greetings all from a snowy Sidcup. It is currently just about snowing and has been doing so on and off since about 8 o'clock this morning. It eventually settled yesterday after the temperature fell.

There are 11 pages since I last posted in here so no attempt to catch up.

My Mum was offered and had a jab last week, so they are dealing with the 70-80 age bracket in darkest Kent.

I read an article on the BBC the other day on Joe and Billy Root, Billy talking about his big brother and their childhood. I was reminded of Baz's favourable comments about the pair of them. Hopefully the dithering in the last hour and a half has not cost England the chance of a win in the first test. I have been pleased there has been some on terrestrial TV - i can't remember an overseas tour being on but my Dad occasionally reminisces about getting up early and watching a test from Perth; he can't remember any of the cricket but he remembers that the weather there was glorious and there were lots of boats on the Swan river.

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning awl.

Just a light dusting of snow overnight here. The sun's out but it's still very cold with a big windchill, so a day for paperwork I think. Not a pleasant day for those working outside. 

A Widow's scold was a new one to me, I knew it as a scold's bridle. Whatever it's called, perhaps we could give some blacksmiths a bit of work creating some PPE* for purveyors of fake news? 

Pasties - are another dish I've started creating myself, with some time and effort I can have something rather healthier and more wholesome than many ready made versions out there. The best of which was from a butchers in Crediton, good ingredients and sustaining. Perhaps making your own is a solution for  @brianusa and anyone else in a pasty waste-land? 

Time for some more work. 

* PPE for the good of others, not the wearer. 

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

... I have to put it in the Patient Access request box.  But that has a limit of 200 characters - space to say nothing basically.  Temper tried this morning, we'll see what happens.  Pah! ...

I had a similar problem recently with the local council. Having spent much of an afternoon going round in circles, that was the last straw and I made a complaint. Amazingly, the complaint handler actually got onto IT and they increased the character limit from 255 to 4000. Maybe that's what it takes? 

• Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 1