The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, PeterBB said:

Not quite sure what happened here ...

possibly because Scotland thoroughly deserved their win.  SWMBO early on said that I've never heard you be so rubbishing of England so early on.  She was right.  She also said that I get so het up watching England that I should stop doing it forthwith, she has a point. Elder kids can enjoy either way if they so wish.

Townsend was calm at half time when England were 31 up last time and has definitely justified being kept on after the World Cup and boy was he smiling - justifiably.

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

@PeterBB  The Boss made similar remarks to me.  Worst England performance I think I've ever seen but Scotland played really well, deserved it and should have won by a bigger margin.

Tiddlywinks anyone?

I completely agree.  Scotland played very well, but should have buried England earlier.  England never managed to even threaten to score a try.  They are a completely one dimensional side with a power game linked to kicking for territory and when that doesn’t work, they have no alternative.  the kicking today was woeful and just gave Scotland all the time in the world to return the kicks, which Scotland did so much better than England.  The only thing that will change the complete emphasis on power and kicking is if they get rid of Eddie Jones as coach and Owen Farrell as stand-off.  Farrell has been a good servant to England, but is totally lacking in creativity.

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, NGT6 1315 said:

! Gritters are en route across the city

That just reminded me that Essex County Council have a live map app for their gritters. We don’t have  a named gritter lorry in Benfleet tonight but Gritty McGritface is working in Chelmsford. Not sure where Gritney Spears is tonight. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 11
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

Maybe thats what the country needs!

Brian.

Whilst doing my family tree it turns out that me and Her Majesty share a same Granddad and I am a descendant of Alfred the Great, I'm not busy and could give it a bash.

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3

32 minutes ago, tigerburnie said:

Whilst doing my family tree it turns out that me and Her Majesty share a same Granddad and I am a descendant of Alfred the Great, I'm not busy and could give it a bash.

Didn't he burn cakes or something?  Not a good start!:o

Brian.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Phil Parker said:

If you do that, then the idea of a hereditary monarchy is broken - the whole point is no-one gets to chose who gets the job. If you starting picking and choosing, especially on the basis of being photogenic, you'll end up with a "celebrity" in the job.

1 hour ago, brianusa said:

Maybe thats what the country needs!

Brian.

Wasn't Trump a 'celebrity' before he became president?

• Agree 4
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Hope it doesn't turn to snow for you.

Might be requesting a weather update on Monday Eve - I have to go to Midland Road Freightliner depot on Tuesday.

Has living in Derbyshire made you go soft?

• Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I could do a stand in for Prince Andrew

No.  Just no.  :banghead:

And on that note g'night one and all and stay safe if you wake to find snow outside.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 11

1 minute ago, newbryford said:

The USA just tried that and look where it got them................

But Trump wasn't raised for the job.  At least HMs successor will have on the job training!;)

Brian.

• Like 9
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Ah, tomorrow is Stupid Super Bowl Sunday! Which I will definitely NOT watch! I am not even sure what teams are playing although I know that it is being played in Tampa, FL. If the Baltimore Ravens were playing I might just have a modicum of interest, though just a small modicum. :jester:

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 13