The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Andrew P said:

That's a silly question,:laugh:.

Different people have different tastes! Always nice to find out what the reason for someone else enjoying a video is. 

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 10
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning, Awl,

Usual 5 hour sleep so far, pink pills taken, more sleep hoped for shortly.

I see the forecast has upped the max wind speed to 50mph, and the snowstorm arriving has been given the name Darcy.

Plans for today,

Cut up trailer bed if it's not raining,

More shelving.

But first. Sleep.

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Been up since 5.30 after a fitful night's sleep.  It was dry outside but now it's raining and likely to continue to do so throughout the day.  Threats of sleet or snow tonight.

Rugby enjoyed last night, a tight match with the Sharks managing to overcome the Bears in their den.

Two matches to watch this afternoon, Italy v France and England v Scotland.

A request has been made for me to assist with domestic duties this morning.  In view of the upcoming afternoon's entertainment which does not interest Herself it might be a good idea to comply.  :whistle:

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16
  • Agree 3

21 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

A bright but frosty start in North Somerset. Red sky though, which is not good. 

The starlings seem to have learned how to negotiate the spikes I glued around the tray of bird food, and I saw a wood pigeon make a few pathetic efforts to hover over them yesterday while working out "how to land on that infernal contraption", but pigeons have been absent this morning. Good news I hope. 

The only thing which concerns me about vaccines, is why has the covid virus remained almost stable until we are at the point of vaccinating everyone against it, and then suddenly it starts mutating in different countries all at the same time? I know viruses will mutate, but one could be forgiven for thinking this one is doing it to order. 

Kamikaze pigeon! Would only take one to 'sacrifice itself' / be desperate enough, in the name of the greater cause to take out all of your anti-pigeon defences.

One for iL Dottorie I believe.

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Another riveting day...  boring more like.

But it's the last day on the "busy" desk - one day on the less busy desk and then that's it for a week.  Then in for 4 days, then off for 5!

While normal 9-5 might be fine, I don't mind a bit more of a crazy working pattern :P

Trying out Asda's own naan bread today (not the small ones in the purple packets near the sauces).

I bought one ages ago that tasted exactly like an authentic one from an Indian takeaway but have since forgot the make or even the store where I got it.  Bought another larger one but didn't taste very nice at all.  This one was found in the bread section.  So far, so good.

We usually pick up a couple of proper naans from the Indian (where a cheeky half goes down nice while I'm waiting!) to have with home made indian, although haven't done that in a while.

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Mega chuckinitdarn....

Bas

Hope it doesn't turn to snow for you.

Might be requesting a weather update on Monday Eve - I have to go to Midland Road Freightliner depot on Tuesday.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

Morning, we too have chuckin'itdarn, again forecast to turn to snow later, we will see as they've been saying that for weeks and we've had none, much to SWMBO displeasure, she wants a walk in the snaw and we aren't allowed to travel a few miles to go and see some. Take care all.

• Friendly/supportive 19