The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, polybear said:

....As for your last point, here's hoping.  Those so-called twats, sorry vaccine deniers would be felling pretty sorry for themselves if the virus should mutate and have a far greater effect on the young 'uns.  On a similar note, Bear is mystified at the number who are refusing vaccine yet work in care homes :banghead:Hopefully such employers will start to insist that if you want the job then you have the vaccine; naturally certain medical conditions may preclude this - in which case a change of role may be in order.  And the more companies that start to refuse customers with no valid excuse (Airlines, Cruise Ships etc etc.) then all the better in Bear's book....

Some countries seem to be run by people who are competent, thinking clearly and willing to work for the good of all, as opposed to the benefit of the few....

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/04/sweden-and-denmark-plan-digital-vaccine-certificates-for-travel-covid

Edited by iL Dottore
typo
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, polybear said:

I've just noticed the guitar playing......

Guitar? Where?

Morning peoples, still gently raining here, but better than yesterday's deluge.  

Little to report, other than it's OF bike club ordinary meeting today, back to normality.  This feels very nice indeed, after only a months confinement - you folk must be going batsh!t crazy.

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Just seen the weather forecast, the beast from the east is on its way and will apparently stay for a few days. I hope it doesn't affect my jab other than getting to the place about ten minutes earlier to allow time to remove a couple of extra layers of outer clothing. The access is via a narrow side street with lots of parked cars and highly unlikely to be gritted. Now time to run a bath, be back later.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Just had a phone call saying that all BT accounts will shortly be terminated unless I pressed button 1. A) I don't have a BT account and B) it's blatantly obvious its a scam. I checked with 1471 but its from a network that doesn't transmit callers numbers. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Another bright sunny start to the day here in England’s northwest with an outside temperature of 5C at the moment. I’ll shortly start my short walk to the butchers, which is just over a mile there and back, for our weekly meat rations and hopefully a pastie for dinner. After the rations have been packed away I shall head of to the Trafford Centre for the rest of the week’s comestibles. Once home and that lot have bee packed away, the rest of the day is mine. So I may well get the easel out again and continue to draw up plans for the layouts helix. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Ah well, as you would expect I'm in favour of Lea & Perrins in general! Perrins used his half of the Worcestershire Sauce fortune to endow the organic chemistry laboratory at Oxford but Lea, I'm told, spent his half on wine, women, and song - which is probably code for m***l r******s. Further risking the Awl, I've been disappointed to discover that although the factory is in Midland Road, it was never rail connected and the firm did not have coal delivered in their own wagons.

You just need more D299's,  now running from the Awl.

Jamie

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, polybear said:

They were indeed; the pilot's name was Roger Peterson.

On the subject of music, and since numerous clips appear on ER from time to time, here's one that Bear thinks is lovely:

I've just noticed the guitar playing......

Perhaps a Bear with little buds, although those present are finely honed to the finer things in life.  Take a bow, LDC....

One of the pizza's was a Pepperoni - does that help?  It's good to know that my intake of vegetable matter is so high - 5 a day n' all that....

As for your last point, here's hoping.  Those so-called twats, sorry vaccine deniers would be felling pretty sorry for themselves if the virus should mutate and have a far greater effect on the young 'uns.  On a similar note, Bear is mystified at the number who are refusing vaccine yet work in care homes :banghead:Hopefully such employers will start to insist that if you want the job then you have the vaccine; naturally certain medical conditions may preclude this - in which case a change of role may be in order.  And the more companies that start to refuse customers with no valid excuse (Airlines, Cruise Ships etc etc.) then all the better in Bear's book.

Right, excuses list has expired so wall sanding it is.  I may be some time....

I bet no one can tell me what colour her finger nails are painted lol.

• Funny 19