The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

16 hours ago, pH said:

Then today, a UPS driver dropped the book at our door, in a wrapper clearly marked 'C.O.D.' and drove off!

Never had that problem importing books!  Most of mine come RM/USPS and have never paid a penny for an import fee.

Brian.

• Like 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Trouble is with todays clap, it was with very little notice - if you were't listening to Prime Minister's questions, or only list to the ten o'clock news, then it would have passed you by.

i was in the middle of teaching, so it was rather impossible.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 2
  • Agree 10
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

I went out to do the clap for Sir Tom but could not hear any clapping from anyone else which given how well supported the "Clap for the NHS" surprised me. I think doing it at 6pm rather than 8pm could have been one factor.

RIP Sir Tom you and your friends and family are in our thoughts.

• Like 12
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I thought the clap for Capt Tom was Thursday at 8pm must have misread the newspaper website.

All snow gone here helped with a bit of maths schoolwork

Sent out to start the car nothing called Rac at 2pm still waiting at 6pm called them back and cancelled going to call tomorrow. Only using them cos it's a new battery and under warranty. 

Must get round to subscription for RM because its.getting difficult to get it round here

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Fish and chips tonight, same old use by date lottery again. 

39 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Trouble is with todays clap, it was with very little notice - if you were't listening to Prime Minister's questions, or only list to the ten o'clock news, then it would have passed you by.

i was in the middle of teaching, so it was rather impossible.

32 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I went out to do the clap for Sir Tom but could not hear any clapping from anyone else which given how well supported the "Clap for the NHS" surprised me. I think doing it at 6pm rather than 8pm could have been one factor.

RIP Sir Tom you and your friends and family are in our thoughts.

I only heard about it when it was all over, as Chris said set it for 8 rather than 6 would have had more participants.

• Like 13

Regarding my earlier post, my grumble was at the people who live round me. I know they’re in, I know they spend all day reading the papers and listening to the tv and radio. They would have known what’s going off.

I totally agree that it has been organized at very short notice and perhaps 8.00pm would have been a time. Another case of not thinking things through properly. Or is it the government is not wanting  to be accused of indecision .

Edited by Erichill16
Spell
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, southern42 said:

' ...snip... nearly finished the spreadsheet for the first file (66 records so far!) ...snip...

Best wishes

Polly

66? OK, here you go, "Get your kicks on route ...":

1333558471_0260100_9531posted15may18.JPG.497f2c796735c6a13c1c55a9e5196a40.JPG

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 15
  • Funny 3