The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Heard a rumble of thunder earlier but I don't think I've ever known it to be so warm here this late in the evening. Robbie's walk today did consist of find shade, swim, shade and run back to car (for him not me).I do take water down to the park for him to drink but he prefers something tasty from a ditch or stream. I toiled over a hot wok this evening but the dinner was nice. I did do some gardening, though sprinkling a packet of spring onion seeds probably doesn't really count as gardening!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Need to play taxi in a few, which is why I am up at this tiny hour. I actually slept fairly well, regardless of the fact that it is almost 20° outside as I'm typing this.

Be back to you later, guys...;)

Y'all should get some US style T-Storms later in the day......with that kind of humidity - anyone care to tell my what the Dew Point is? If it is high like in the 70's f then you will. If you're also expecting converging winds (like from the South in front of a dry North West wind) then you may expect to see a few "SuperCells" maybe even a "Mothership" with "Microbursts" and even possibly Tornadic activity.

Get your cameras ready but stay safe.

Best, Pete.

Good morning all.

Variable weather reports from around the globe this morning.

Here it is partly cloudy (mostly clear, I hope) with a 30% chance of rain later. max 17C

Going heater hunting later.

My car was collected by my garage yesterday with a view to selling it.

I think I told you a while ago that I had given up driving! :huh:

Morning All,

Don; is heater hunting, like big game hunting? Sorry!

Of in to the metropolis of Lagos today [destined to be one of the worlds "mega" cities] to do the rounds of all my small projects.......and just to see how many untruths I've been told!

Have a good un

Trev

Morning All,

It is a lovely morning here. Sunshine, blue sky and a cool breeze. However, it will be a stinker later on. Current temperature here is 23°C, dewpoint 15°C, QNH 1018.

Had a very nice breakfast before work this morning. Certainly beats a cheese roll at my desk!

Time for another coffee...

Have a good day everyone.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright (at the moment) but there were definite rumbles of thunder around at 6 this morning. How do I know I hear you ask. That'll be because I was down in the workshop assembling interconnection cables and wiring up control panels at 5.15 this morning! Woke up at 5, wide awake and no chance of going back to sleep so it was a case of laying in bed thinking about all that needs to be done or getting up and doing it. 4 cables done, 4 or 5 still to do.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Sorry I haven't posted on ERs for a while (again!)

I've spent today composing a piece of music. I must say I am really happy with it.

I've even got lyrics for it (although they don't quite fit yet!). I can't record it until I wipe my memory card clean although I have recorded it on my phone so i don't forget.

Now I'm hoping to be working on my challenge entry this afternoon.

Feels weird not having to go to college again (apart from results day). All the textbooks have been given back and I have now officially left. Onwards to the holiday period!

Jam (feeling very happy at the moment biggrin.gif )

Guest Max Stafford

Been an absolutely perfect day here. Clear blue skies in the morning with bright sunshine and a refreshing breeze to stop it getting uncomfortable. Indicated temperature of 28C with 53% humidity and 1014mb pressure. The equipment is mounted in my shed which is still pretty warm so this may be abstracting the temperature reading slightly but not, I'd say, by much.

Had a visit from my brother today having driven down from rural Lanarkshire with a belated birthday gift of two nice bottles of red. He hasn't seen the house for two years and he was quite impressed with the improvements I've had made since then. I myself am pleased with them, but I very much need to turn my attention to the indoors now, starting with the bed. Anybody have an idea of what I should be paying for a half-decent king size mattress? I'm hoping that £200 or less will cover the job.

Dave.

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

.... Anybody have an idea of what I should be paying for a half-decent king size mattress? I'm hoping that £200 or less will cover the job.

Dave.

Dave.

John Lewis have some on special offer for £1099 at the moment!

• RMweb Gold

They seem to be advertising 5ft King Size matresses.

I didn't know we had 5ft Kings

Our royal family are either very short or very wide.

Or both.

Guest Max Stafford

Very nice Jam. Made me think of Coldplay a bit too!

Incidentally since we're talking about music, I heard this guy in interview on the radio this morning. Now I've always like blues but this artist, Yuri Lane has taken to combining old-style harmonica blues with modern 'beatbox' mouth-generated music. Essentially it's a combination of one of the oldest and the newest elements in African American music and although it's very unconventional, I think it sounds pretty striking and impressive. It must take an enormous amount of skill and dare I say lung capacity!

I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVofXSBOy78&feature=related

Dave.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

It is beginning to cloud up over here, so it stands to reason we may, in fact, get rain and thunder later today. It's 22° already, too... :blink:

That's one very nice song, Jam – great job! :yes:

Cheers!