The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Had a bit of a problem getting into my e-mails earlier but it seems to be OK now. Even better as some links that seemed to be not working properly now are. Now to check that the sell by date lottery has decided whats for dinner this evening.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

I wasn't planning on getting a new car but the right one came along.  Been pipped at the post when waiting to buy a new one before.

But then I'm a bit...  well, happy to wait as it gives me time to go through every setting possible (there's a lot compared with my old car!), transfer stuff from the old car to the new - no rush. 

If you have the new car uninsured on your drive do have to register it as SORN to avoid the continuous insurance rule?

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

8 hours ago, iL Dottore said:
On 30/01/2021 at 13:20, Ian Abel said:

....I mean we elected (before I was able to vote I hasten to add!!) a wrestler, Jesse Venture for mayor of a suburb, he THEN won as governor..

I read that, in comparison with many of the present incumbents (and wanna-bes) Mr Ventura was relatively sane, sensible and pragmatic.

Exactly, and that's the MOST scary part of the whole crazy landscape over here! :jester:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Still having e-mail problems. Every time I click renew it becomes unavailable but if I open it on a new tab it comes up OK although the existing tab its still shown as unavailable, but at least closing it doesn't affect the new tab. Problem is that Virgins call centre is closed due to covid and they're warning of a three hour wait. Kettle is boiling, be back later. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, polybear said:

Five grand fine for everyone having a kiss and cuddle after scoring a goal should focus their attention.

In addition to the match being abandoned, and the entire team suspended for the remainder of the season.  That might just concentrate a few minds.

Adrian

• Like 4
  • Agree 12
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Another dry day here in England’s northwest. The sun tried its best to shine throughout the day, but it never quite managed it. Although it’s stayed dry, it’s never really got warm, 3C was the highest temperature today, so technically it’s been colder than it was yesterday!

Today I fixed the last piece of track to the turntable baseboard, I’ve left about a 4mm overhang on this piece, so that I can trim it flush with the board end once the glue has dried. I then turned my attention to powering the track, so a DCC bus was installed underneath the baseboard. For this I’ve used some self adhesive copper tape to which I’ve soldered the droppers to. Inevitably the droppers needed to cross the tape in a couple of places, so I covered these areas with some insulation tape. I then installed a 2 pole, polarised socket, so that power can be connected/dis-connected very quickly and safely, with the assurance of never being able to get the polarity wrong. I then added a connection to the bridge rails, so they are also connected to the DCC bus, the whole board will have a feed that will come from a separate reversing unit. Once done, everything was checked to ensure continuity and polarity was correct. 

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I see Myanmar is having problems, good job it's too late for the orange one to try it...

Fell asleep too early, now awake too early..

Trying for more sleep.

Goodnight.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

A question - why do most cups and mugs not have flat bottoms? Most have a raised rim round the base. We have one with ‘pebbles’ on a flat base. The only one of our cups with a flat base is made of glass.

Edited by pH
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3