The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Worse still, the owner Mike Lindell, he's based in Minneapolis, complete NUT job, Trump #1 buddy, still wildly broadcasting here on whatever media will give him time, that the election was stolen and says he WELCOMES the law suit that has been threatened by Dominion Voting Systems, as he has "...all the evidence to show they rigged the votes..."!!!

EVEN WORSE, he's threatening to run for governor here next time :(

What odds do you give on him being elected if he runs?

• Like 3
  • Funny 10

3 minutes ago, pH said:

What odds do you give on him being elected if he runs?

Well, until he continued to be "crazy" after everyone else seems to have simmered down, right now about 1000 to 1.

That could easily change, of course, I mean we elected (before I was able to vote I hasten to add!!) a wrestler, Jesse Venture for mayor of a suburb, he THEN won as governor in 1998, and of course the country managed to elect T**** for president, so truly anything is possible :)

• Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 9

55 minutes ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

I have a 14-day pause period with the new car as insurance renews in 14 days (Valentines Day!).  I'm a bit tight so didn't want to pay the £60 or whatever it was to change existing insurance to cover that car so It can sit on the drive for a couple of weeks.  Free tax so not worried about renewing that early.

Just hope that nothing happens to it in that period.

• Like 3
  • Agree 14

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

Exactly. I don't know how close I was to death, but the GP was coming twice a day at one point and when I was conscious I was asking him why the bed was covered in bananas. I had just turned 5 and virtually everyone at primary school went down with it at the time. 

Pretty much the same story for me at the age of 4 (except for the bananas - they weren't readily available then). I too get mightily annoyed with those who insist that measles is not something to be concerned about as well as the anti-vaccers.

Dave

• Like 11
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

I think we have no problem with the AZ one but we have ordered the Pfizer one in bulk as well  which the supply may  be the issue. 

image.png.f96c3171356903e0c6bba9830e9038ed.png

As I understand it the UK vaccines are being provided at cost and for the world so the above comment is beyond approach ...  Europe got the best of the BXXXt deal but have potentially come out in their true colours when they think UK is getting something 'better' than they have.  I believe that it took them a lot longer to make up their minds to order or not.

Hope this isn't too political - vaccines are for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 12
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

(except for the bananas - they weren't readily available then).

In a book I have somewhere about the Lynmouth Flood Disaster in 1952 when an ambassador from somewhere in the Caribbean, a few days after the event, came and presented bananas, then unfamiliar as has been said, to all the women and children in the village. 

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

The 3 word thing is accurate to within about ten feet or so and recently saved a chap's life when he was stranded with a broken leg in freezing conditions - the rescue services located him straight away and said that it had been much quicker than lat and long positioning. It is available in more than one language but I'm not sure how many. A friend has it on his phone and demonstrated it to me a while ago by showing that the opposite corners of our house have different codes.

Dave

Would the three words be 'Find me now?'

Edited by PeterBB
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
On 29/01/2021 at 16:40, Gwiwer said:

Never EVER bend over for the boatswain :O  :jester: 

Is that why when someone shouted "Roger the cabin boy!", the reply was "My name's not Roger......"

• Funny 17