The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Phone call from my Doctor last night, about 6pm to say that my Blood Test results were back and she was a little concerned.

Not Diabetic but closer than the last test so reduce sugar even more, (I've gone from 2 spoons in a muga tea /coffee to a quarter so cant go much lower).

Also something about my white cells, so;

No cakes.

No Crisps,

No fizzy drinks,

No alcohol.

No Bread,

No Potato,

No Pasta,

Only about 6 Chips with a meal.

And another draining of my valuable resources in a Month.:o

Jeez, how did you upset your Doc?  That's no fun at all.  However, if the chips were six inches long and 2 inches square you'd still be playing by the rules, wouldn't you....

3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Here is the article. 

A doctor shares tales of all the things people have stuck up their bums in his time at one of London’s largest hospitals.

There was a gentleman in a satin smoking jacket, with slicked back hair and a cravat around his neck. He brought to mind Noel Coward, only he was standing like John Wayne. It turned out he had the leg of a bed up his arse.’

Forget the bed leg......Garden Shears?  Now that is VERY weird......

1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

The 3 word thing is accurate to within about ten feet or so and recently saved a chap's life when he was stranded with a broken leg in freezing conditions - the rescue services located him straight away and said that it had been much quicker than lat and long positioning. It is available in more than one language but I'm not sure how many. A friend has it on his phone and demonstrated it to me a while ago by showing that the opposite corners of our house have different codes.

Dave

I do hope Bear's house has been allocated "Lemon Drizzle Cake".  I can remember that, should I ever need it in a hurry.

• Like 16
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Editor had to be cleared again.

Great to hear from Dick and Pete - don't stay away so long now - you're always welcome here.

Not a lot to report - seems to be too much housework and not enough computer time.  So it's just the usual generic greetings.

Cream fans might like this cover.  It's pretty good.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 13
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Contrary to popular belief (and passages from American Psycho) gerbils as bum-pets seems to be a bit of a myth. Sergeant has never come across one, and nor has anyone he knows.

Thats a shame if you have ever heard the story its hilarious. 

A hamster gets introduced to somebody's back passage and they cant get it out so the partner tries to entice it with a naked flame lighting a pocket of intestinal gas 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, polybear said:

and now for something totally different, i've noticed on Classic FM they've suddenly started advertising "My Pillow" . I'd never heard of it, so looked it up, not on the manufacturers website.

A hundred and twenty quid RRP for a pillow??  FFS.  Oh, hang on, they're buy one-get one free. 

$49.95 at my local MalWart. Still , a regular pillow is around $6.00!!!!! :o

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Funny 5

8 hours ago, polybear said:

Are there any signs that with so much effort being directed at vaccine production then the supply of other drugs is being affected?

So if UK doesn't send EU vaccine then EU won't send us vaccine?  Bear confused.  No wonder we have global warming.

From what I can see the vaccine production has made no difference to the products we buy but I wouldn’t think it would as the vaccine production is likely to be a different division of any company involved with vaccine production.  We’re more concerned about the effects of Brexit on supplies. May be issues with the supplies of other types of vaccines.

Regarding vaccine export. Each country wants to edge its bets on which vaccine is going to be the most effective clinically and which ones are going to be available first. Another issue are contraindications, for example the Pfizer one is not suitable for people with food allergies. That’s why I offered you my Pfizer vaccine, as it’s not suitable for me as I have a nut allergy. Anyway second half of football just about start.

Robert

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

The CEO of MyPillow, is a huge Trump supporter and also like Trump himself, he has had his Twitter account permanently closed for the same reason. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 3

Saturday.

Up early (for us) as Whitney had an appointment at the vet to get her nails trimmed - is that a "doggie-pedi"??  :jester::jester:

Little else planned, a short walk with Whitney later, and then onto Zoom dinner and the first installment of our latest murder mystery investigation.

-4 getting the "wrong" paper <sigh> (replacement due later), overcast,  expecting a high of zero and some snow too.

Tally ho...

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

One wonders if the appropriate deities of the vaccine deniers on religious grounds will provide equivalent protection......

It doesn't actually matter, as they think they'll end up somewhere better if the worst does happen.

A. Theist

• Like 10
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

It doesn't actually matter, as they think they'll end up somewhere better if the worst does happen.

A. Theist

According to most of their beliefs, not if it was suicide, him upstairs may well consider not taking vaccination exactly that..

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The use by date lottery turned up toad-in-the-hole for this evenings dinner, and some veg to go with it. An examination of the fridge contents also turned up an extra mature portion of Stilton cheese. The use by date was 2017! A further examination and into the bin it went. As for things stuck up posteriors the stick of dynamite seems like a bit of overkill as a cure for constipation.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 5
  • Funny 13

I have a 14-day pause period with the new car as insurance renews in 14 days (Valentines Day!).  I'm a bit tight so didn't want to pay the £60 or whatever it was to change existing insurance to cover that car so It can sit on the drive for a couple of weeks.  Free tax so not worried about renewing that early.

Ironically the insurance renewal is with the same insurance company that covered my old car (only £20 more).

But get this!
Confused.com offers a free £20 "gift" when buying insurance so went through them when buying cover for old car for the year.  Now I've cancelled that (as I won't need it for the old car) but Confused.com has already given me the code for the gift I chose (£20 at Dominos!).

I may have inadvertently scammed them as I'll be able to claim a new £20 gift for setting up a new policy for new car, with old insurer!

And both of those come with £32 cashback!  That'll pay off a little of what I put on the credit card at least.

/ Day over!

Edited by Sir TophamHatt
  • Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 4