The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

27 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

I think the issue is that Pfizer has a big presence in the UK, their COVID vaccines are made in he EU. We have ordered a mixture of vaccines including the Pfizer one so this may be the issue.

It was Astra Zenica that they were specific ally mentioning 

Even though Macron doesn't believe it is effective although it has been approved by EU regulators

Edited by simontaylor484
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening Awl,

Rain  more rain and rain has been the order of the day, and occasionally it's hitting the windows now..

I've been looking at the legalities of trailer lighting , reflectors etc.

My old trailer board doesn't meet the latest specs as it doesn't have a fog light. This trailer doesn't have brakes so isn't required to have reversing lights.

The oddity is the amount of overhang of the boat at the back. Some versions of what I've read, say I need an auxiliary single red running and brake light at the back end of the overhang. Other versions say I need a 2foot per side triangle with red white hazard markings..

Since the old trailer board is ancient, about 40 years since I bought it. I'm going to totally rebuild it, LED lights , fogs and reversing. With a socket for plugging in the auxiliary tail lights.. I'll make a auxiliary tail unit to fit on the boat as well. Pricing up for bits will start tomorrow, I also need some white reflectors for the front of the wheel arches.

I must admit I've never heard of, nor had fitted to any car I've driven adjustable dashboard lighting. When you switch on the headlights they come on, and the radio, and clock backlights dim and that's it.

It is time  I think to see if I can sleep for more than 4 hours..

Good night Awl.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Also mentioned on the news is that the Astra Zeneca vaccine is also produced in the UK. It looks as if a very large mountain is being made out of a very small molehill. 

Probably just a bit of willy waving (sorry ladies), territory marking (sorry cats and dogs) and general bloody mindedness.  ‘Twas to be expected I suppose. Just a shame it’s over something as critical as this.

• Like 5
  • Agree 12

15 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

It was Astra Zenica that they were specific ally mentioning 

Even though MacDonald doesn't believe it is effective although it has been approved by EU regulators

I think AZs biggest plant is in the uk but the have one in Holland and one in Belgium. These two are having problems.

I think the issue is if AZ don’t send some vaccines over to the EU then the EU will block the export of vaccines out of the EU and into the UK.

• Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. An item on Farcebook, a surgeon talking about the things he's had to remove from peoples bottoms, door knobs, hard boiled eggs (with and without shell) but to top it all a table leg complete with castor. :O

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 16

54 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. An item on Farcebook, a surgeon talking about the things he's had to remove from peoples bottoms, door knobs, hard boiled eggs (with and without shell) but to top it all a table leg complete with castor. :O

A programme called Bizzare ER used to feature many alleged anal accidents one i have mentioned before involved canned food still in the tins

Edited by simontaylor484
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

I think we have no problem with the AZ one but we have ordered the Pfizer one in bulk as well  which the supply may  be the issue. 

Are there any signs that with so much effort being directed at vaccine production then the supply of other drugs is being affected?

8 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Link for Polybear

Many thanks; Bear seems to recall seeing those two characters being introduced on telly some years back....I think by Shaw Taylor IIRC :jester:

Younger ER'ers might not get that one.....

8 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

I think AZs biggest plant is in the uk but the have one in Holland and one in Belgium. These two are having problems.

I think the issue is if AZ don’t send some vaccines over to the EU then the EU will block the export of vaccines out of the EU and into the UK.

So if UK doesn't send EU vaccine then EU won't send us vaccine?  Bear confused.  No wonder we have global warming.

8 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Bear recalls having a chest x-ray many moons ago; in the waiting room were examples of x-rays showing broken legs, arms etc. as well as things that people have deliberately swallowed:  Razor blades, scalpel blades.....

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

and now for something totally different, i've noticed on Classic FM they've suddenly started advertising "My Pillow" . I'd never heard of it, so looked it up, not on the manufacturers website.

Started in the USA in the 1990s, they are a triumph of marketing over sense. They have been sued several times over their claims and they lost..  The owner donated heavily to trump, and the cheated votes campaign. So I would say no way..

A hundred and twenty quid RRP for a pillow??  FFS.  Oh, hang on, they're buy one-get one free.  That's ok then....:rofl:

1 hour ago, chrisf said:

I may not be on full power, or anything like it, for some of the day.  Shortly before 1 am cramp struck at the top of my left leg.  It took a while for the pain to subside and any sleep after that was at best fitful. 

Been there, done that, T-shirt, Play, Film etc etc.  Not funny. Hopefully it was a on-off for you.

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Raining with pour here, has been for a couple of hours and will continue to do so for a while.  

Rugby watched and after 10 minutes Bath were 2 tries down and after 20 minutes had lost both 2nd row forwards to failed HIAs.  34-3 at half time and Bristol eventually won 48-3.  Ouch!  Another match to watch this afternoon, Gloucester v Northampton.

Apart from watching rugby will try for a walk if/when the rain stops.  I won't mention The Shed, oops just did.  Every time I do that I don't seem to get there.  Still suffering from an acute case of cantbebotheredititis.

Time to visit the kitchen and sort out some breakfast.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18