The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, polybear said:

There was a clip on the BBC news showing a lorry departing from the Astra Zeneca(?) manufacturer of vaccine (Belgium?) - it was followed out of the factory by numerous vehicles full of very big looking blokes, no doubt "tooled up".  A prime target for hi-jacking otherwise.

Bear had a call from John Lewis - my cooker hood order placed yesterday had failed to go thru' properly (their fault) even though they had my money and gift vouchers - and the order - on the system.  So they had to cancel the order, refund my card, give me credit for the vouchers on my JL account so I could start all over again....fortunately the item was confirmed as being in stock by their supplier.  That's progress.

16 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

According to C4 news eu have put controls on vaccines leaving eu 

Also mentioned on the news is that the Astra Zeneca vaccine is also produced in the UK. It looks as if a very large mountain is being made out of a very small molehill. 

• Like 11
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

There was a bomb alert at a vaccine ingredient factory in Wrexham the other day. On the same day there was a video on Twitter of people who had entered a ward to remove a Covid patient so they could take him home to treat with vitamins and mineral supplements. Even when the doctor wa saying the patient would die without oxygen they tried to persist. Am I allowed to say  “completely deranged”?

I would say so yes. If they had removed the patient and that patient had died of covid would they be charged with murder? As it is if the patient was injured as a result they are liable for a charge of GBH at least.

• Like 9
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

So...

A little disappointed I didn't negotiate much off the new car.  But according to the internet, it's fairly priced.  However upon going in to do the paperwork and agree to buy, there's a notice saying they can only do debit cards up to £2500 and credit cards up to £500 - the rest must be bank transfer.

I said I'm unlikely to buy as I was planning on putting £4000 / £5000 on the credit card and the rest debit card.  He then went away and said the fee for a credit card up to £3000 would be £60, so they will absorb that and allow me to pay a lot more.  That makes it a lot easier for me and cash flow.  I should have asked for a full tank of diesel at least but I'm rubbish when it comes to this stuff.

But at the end of the day, it's done now and I have an updated car.  Get this though!  Bought current car in 2010 at 4 years old, around 46,000 miles.  New car purchased this year, it's also 4 years old and 43,000 miles.

Now is the task of reading through the manual.

Did it with the old car.  Done it with the other family car, now doing it with this one.

Seems boring but then I'll know the features of the car inside and out.  For example, I was reading earlier that someone said their instrument lights were all of a sudden dim.  Turns out they'd pushed the wheel that is usually near the headlights that can dim the dials and internal lighting but didn't know there was even one to do that!  What the hell!?  That's as basic a feature as electric windows these days! :lol:

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

57 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I would say so yes. If they had removed the patient and that patient had died of covid would they be charged with murder? As it is if the patient was injured as a result they are liable for a charge of GBH at least.

Makes you wander what goes through people's minds. I could perhaps understand if it was religious beliefs like Jehovah witness and blood transfusions.

Also on C4news another vaccine has been approved 

• Like 10
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

Without knowing the full facts, not murder but possibly manslaughter. As to any i juries the charge wouldcagain depend on the severity and circumstances.

Jamie

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

And controls on Vaccines into NI...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55864442

1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Doorbell rang earlier and it was our lovely friend and next door neighbour Alison checking to see if we were OK and bearing flowers for us. 

Can you eat flowers??  Cauliflower doesn't count.....

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

There was a bomb alert at a vaccine ingredient factory in Wrexham the other day.

And the Police have arrested someone:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55844987

He'll do serious time for that one if found guilty, and quite right too.

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

...snip... Cauliflower is only edible when made into Bhaji or Piccalilli. ;) 

Cauliflower is best eaten raw in a salad with broccoli, onions, cabbage and miscellaneous vegetables plus some other items such as tomatoes, seasonings and dressing. :biggrin_mini:

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

So...

A little disappointed I didn't negotiate much off the new car.  But according to the internet, it's fairly priced.  However upon going in to do the paperwork and agree to buy, there's a notice saying they can only do debit cards up to £2500 and credit cards up to £500 - the rest must be bank transfer.

I said I'm unlikely to buy as I was planning on putting £4000 / £5000 on the credit card and the rest debit card.  He then went away and said the fee for a credit card up to £3000 would be £60, so they will absorb that and allow me to pay a lot more.  That makes it a lot easier for me and cash flow.  I should have asked for a full tank of diesel at least but I'm rubbish when it comes to this stuff.

But at the end of the day, it's done now and I have an updated car.  Get this though!  Bought current car in 2010 at 4 years old, around 46,000 miles.  New car purchased this year, it's also 4 years old and 43,000 miles.

Now is the task of reading through the manual.

Did it with the old car.  Done it with the other family car, now doing it with this one.

Seems boring but then I'll know the features of the car inside and out.  For example, I was reading earlier that someone said their instrument lights were all of a sudden dim.  Turns out they'd pushed the wheel that is usually near the headlights that can dim the dials and internal lighting but didn't know there was even one to do that!  What the hell!?  That's as basic a feature as electric windows these days! :lol:

1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

Without knowing the full facts, not murder but possibly manslaughter. As to any i juries the charge wouldcagain depend on the severity and circumstances.

Jamie

I guess a lot depends on whether or not the patient has decided to refuse all treatment and sign a self-discharge form against medical advice - assuming they're medically fit enough to understand what they are doing.

57 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Managed to watch Baz on you tube very informative well done Baz.

Another couple of bright side to Covid no Britains Got Talent this year

And one of Lee Rigbys killers has Covid i hope its fatal in his case 

Do you have a link please?

As for the second two items, that's a result - especially the second one.  And I hope it hurts.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

2 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Also mentioned on the news is that the Astra Zeneca vaccine is also produced in the UK. It looks as if a very large mountain is being made out of a very small molehill. 

I think the issue is that although  Pfizer has a big presence in the UK, their COVID vaccines are made in he EU. We have ordered a mixture of vaccines including the Pfizer one so this may be the issue.

Edited by Erichill16
  • Like 13
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1