The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Last time I "gave" blood* I was asked why I was staring so intently at the ongoing procedure.  "Just making sure you're not taking too much" said I. 

*sample only, I'm not allowed to be a donor.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, leopardml2341 said:

(Late) morning all.

Very wet overnight, I suspect the Trent will be overflowing in some style again soon.

Not much else to report, just that in a work sense it never ceases to amaze me that no matter how much one lowers one's expectations of others, based on previous experiences,  that they can always seem to achieve even less.

Bye for now. 

Reminds me of:

"How can you soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys?"

• Like 3
  • Agree 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Last time I gave blood I was asked why I was staring so intently at the ongoing procedure.  "Just making sure you're not taking too much" said I. 

I always watch what they are doing when having an injection or when they take blood. On one occasion about 30 years ago it was a good thing I was as the nurse fainted as she put the needle in for an injection and I was left holding the syringe until I could get another nurse to come and sort out both the injection and the nurse lying on the floor! 

• Like 13
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Well it was morning when I started reading ER's three pages ago. Like Andrew P I hate injections but it looks as if there's no choice with the covid jab. I've tried to find out if there are alternatives for the covid jab such as an oral dose or patches. There is but at the moment they are not ready to be rolled out yet.

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Why on earth the likes of Hitler (who fought in WW1) wanted to send men into that again is a bl00dy mystery to me.

He exploited the fear of another conflict to get his way, hence appeasement. He thought that the same would happen over Poland but he thought wrong. It was people like Chamberlain and Daladier who didn't want another conflict and tried desperately to prevent it. The fact that they failed has overshadowed their enormous efforts to prevent war.

• Like 8
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I was out inspecting the garden earlier and found that it wasn't just raining cats and dogs last night!

Are you sure it was the rain that caused it Bob - seems a bit fishy to me....

Dave

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Are they prochlorperazine?

Didn't work for me :(

It's brand name is Tanganil, I think the active ingredient is Acétylleucine. So far so good.

45 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Are you sure it was the rain that caused it Bob - seems a bit fishy to me....

Dave

Perhaps a passing Heron had been raiding someone's  pond and lost it.

Jamie

• Like 5
  • Agree 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
54 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

the second on April 12th at Crewe, which isn't even in Shropshire but was the best they could do.

I feel a conspiracy theory coming on. You'll come home and start repainting your engines lined black.

• Like 1
  • Funny 16