The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Sideshow Bob is growing a ginger beard.

The other candidates for a replacement in the Jankovitch stakes are falling by the wayside at a rapid rate.

Is AM really a serious candidate for replacing JJ in your affections DD?

Morning all..

Don't worry Tony, it will be with you soon. An absolute scorcher with zero octas. Judging by the current temperature, 30 degrees really is a possibility.

Not much happening today, other than the usual weekend chores. Builders have been in all week and we're now on the last legs of our house mods. Wood flooring will go in next week then it's just skirtings and final painting and job done.

We're now inundated with certificates from the craftsmen to say what we have had done is in line with the current legislation. Real jobs for the boys stuff, which stops you doing any basic work. Of course you can go for untrained/cowboy guys, but then it will bite you when you come to sell your house if you cannot produce certificates to cover the work,

No doubt work will stop at 1.00 for the F1.....B)

Sorry about that BoD - it was ambiguous (and therefore the lifeblood of ERs).

We've only had the Goerge (?) lady as a nomination so far.

Qualification is very easy - be able to play tennis and also look good posing on a rug.

• RMweb Gold

Definitely getting warmer. Weather Underground on Google seems to indicate that it is 30C and windy in Shenfield at the moment. Our thermometer indicates 24C. Robbie chose the shady side of the field to walk along today. At least he has plenty to choose from in the garden thanks to the nearby Leylandii.

It looks as if Dd will be looking out for The Wombles at Glastonbury , as I'm sure they are well groomed and read music.

I get confused with all these tennis players and would probably only recognise Martina Navratilova.

I'm back off to the garden now!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, beautiful here. Last evening of alcohol and Glastonbury, always a good combination. I have the week off so not the usual Sunday night back to work in the morning gloom.

I think I gave Stewart (45156) a bum steer - I'm driving at the MHR on Wednesday 29th, not Tuesday as I thought. Never mind I'm sure he'll enjoy it without me!

• RMweb Premium

It's still close to 20° outside as I'm typing this :blink: . It's been a fairly warm day over here, though a bit muggy as well. That does not appear to have stopped our football gals, though :laugh: .

• RMweb Gold

I opened all of the windows earlier and it got even warmer in the house. :huh: Very, very muggy at the moment.

I wonder why one never reads the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'.

Good morning all.

Forecast today is clear but with a max of only 18C.

Being mid Winter I suppose you would be envious if you could have that as a mid-winter high, but living in a Mediterranian climate we are more accostomed to warm to hot weather rather than coo to clol. Our minimum in Winter is 5C but fortunately that is very rare.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Germany reports blue skies and sunshine and almost 17° as I'm typing this. I guess I would be wise to break out light clothes for the day. I'm not exactly looking forward to tomorrow, however, because of the windowless lecture hall which we were assigned for Tuesday's course <_< .

Have a good day everyone – far as this is even possible on a Monday! :laugh:

Morning All,

As Dominik has already said, blue sky and sunshine here this morning. Apparently, the temperature might get up as high as 35°C later on. Hopefully not...

Despite the long weekend, Monday seemed to come around very quickly!

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all, all the rain seems to be here at the moment, so soggy day ahead (slow & frustrating in the inevitable 'go-slows'. But at least the temperature wont drop below the mid 20s ©

Have a good un.

Trev.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

My first task today is to take my wife down to the station. Aditi has a course today about viva voce (how to survive) exams and will be in central London. It is rather warm here and even warmer there.

We had a barbecue last night, first one for many years. Only problem no matches but after fire was carried from the gas hob inside cooking was enabled.

T

Tony

Carry the fire!

The thing about BBQ's in a hot climate is this (I've decided): We spend more every year cooling our house than heating it, therefore to cook inside means that the stove is fighting against the A/C (not literally, you know what I mean). In colonial times over here the kitchen was always sited away from the house.

My Wife even makes a great Pizza on our BBQ.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, PHEWWOTTASCORTCHA!, as the Sun and Pete would say, already. First day of a week off which I intend to use recovering from the beer fuelled Glastonbury on TV weekend, although I have a scratchbuilt building for Bodge City underway. This may or may not come to fruition.

The week builds on Wednesday, driving on the MHR, gets to a new level (not sure if it's up or down) on Thursday with (hopefully) a visit to eldavo to check out Waton, then peaks on Friday and Saturday with the trip to the RMweb awayday at Stafford along with aforementioned Waton and Dave.

Oh - and a new acoustic guitar should arrive this week as well.

Should be good!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, 'tis warm already. Seem to have a list of chores to sort before I can escape to the shed today. Can't have earned enough brownie points by driving SWMBO to York for the weekend!

Dave, can you tell us who your solar panel supplier is? My father's interested in installing solar panels at their house at some point (maybe).

I had quotes from a number of folks and, as Tony's link points out, some of them are into the hard sell. Dead giveaway is when they won't book an appointment unless both you and your wife are there! All sorts of tricks to try and make you think you are missing the boat and need to sign up ASAP. Eventually I opted to use a local supplier/installer, Solar Future Ltd., who have installed an array for an electrician friend of mine. They were the cheapest but also I was able to discuss all the details of the install with them and give them some ideas of how to get more capacity on the roof! They are installing 15 monocrystaline panels from ZNShine to give a max capacity of 3.75Kw. As our roof is SouthWest facing rather than due South we aren't likely to get them up to max capacity but they should bring in a few pennies from the government for the next 25 years.

Cheers

Dave

Guest Max Stafford

Well, with the onset of a couple of rather hot days approaching, Saturday's 'Daily Flail' headline was almost inevitably;

"90 DEG. KILLER HEATWAVE".

You almost begin to feel sorry for the staff who have to produce this stuff! :lol:

Dave.