The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Yes, it may be Saturday where you guys are, but here on the west coast of Canada it's just after 11 o'clock on Friday night! (And I'm off to bed.)

Evening all! Didn't get online this morning, as I had to get to Hartlepool for 9.45 this morning. Did some more work on the challenge layout after I got back this afternoon, as well as helping Dad replace some trellis that had been ripped apart by vindictive squirrels. Just catching up on the F1 qualifying now, and I've updated the challenge layout blog.

Guest Max Stafford

Had a funny old day. Woke at 9.50. Straight out with Abi to the park then a brew with the outlaws and a trip to get Abi's food. Other than that and her afternoon/evening walks not much else.

I've felt strangely out of sorts on a day that never quite got into gear! No idea why though.

Still, Coldplay are on the pyramid stage now and it appears that they've still 'got it'! :yes:

Dave.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We had an afternoon out at Hyde Hall (RHS gardens). Very pleasant as it started overcast but cleared nicely. There was a special summer event on but we managed to miss the Morris Dancers. Aditi spent the early evening digging holes in the garden trying to find the best place for the new plants she has purchased.

I did try to watch some of the programme from Glastonbury. Most years I've found something to watch and enjoy but I must finally be getting old as about the only performance I think may appeal this year will be The Wombles.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Still, Coldplay are on the pyramid stage now and it appears that they've still 'got it'! :yes:

Good choice of music there, sir! :yes:

Morning all – looks like this may be a pleasant day, though I will be spending some of it on revision again. I may also put some varnish on that kitchen shelf we got last weekend, weather permitting.

Cheers!

Morning all! Up now for an early start to drive up to Glasgow for the day. Today's my last day before going back to work and I suspect I'll end up as worn out as I was before my week off!

Hopefully will watch the Valencia GP once I get home from Glasgow, will probably save the new Top Gear for tomorrow night. (Assuming my hard drive recorder has played ball this weekend!)

Have a good Sunday all!

Another late sleep-in Sunday, by the number of ER's logged in so far.

Came out of Church to a pale blue sky with a bright golden Sun adorning it. Hip Hip :yahoo:

Tomorrow and Tuesday are also forecast clear.

Roast lamb with veg (especially roast potatoes) for lunch today.

Not my cooking any more but from the delicatessen down stairs.

I used to cook a full on three or four course Sunday lunch from approx 1990 to 2001 but ceased when I started on the layout. Sunday mornings were for layout building, not cooking!

Then when Sunday mornings were free again I had lost the enthusiasm for cooking and the down stairs delicatessen had started their Sunday roast it wasn't worth while.

For BPS 5.00 one gets a choice of four generous slices two of lamb,pork,beef,chicken, and a helping of one of 3 kinds of rice, two roast potatoes, and two other veg from a creamed mixed veg (cauli,brocolli,carrots) baby carrots, butternut, green beans, sweet potatoes, etc. etc. The package is definately enough for two persons.

A variety of hot and cold desserts are also available at BSP 0.9

So that's my lunch sorted.

Morning All,

Your lunch sounds very appetising Don!

It is somewhat cloudy here today, but there isn't supposed to be any rain. I'm dropping a friend at the airport this morning and then we'll probably head out into the forest for a wander.

It does seem fairly quiet around here this morning. I'm a bit late on parade as well - but that is primarily through helping a friend move house yesterday!

Have a good day everyone...

Guest Max Stafford

Morning all. Still patchy grey up here, but hoping for an improvement in due course. Just having a bite to eat before going to the park.

Later on I'm meeting TomF at Appleby for a loco swap!

Dave.

Morning all, yes tis Sunday again, but the "broad cast" service from the local church in the adjacent village doesn't allow much of a sleep in on a Sunday (Unless it's raining!)

Don, Your lunch sounds great, difficult to get any decent meat here apart from chicken.

Now a morning of report writing lies ahead, what fun!

Enjoy the day folks.

Last week we had a 95f day and it was solid cloud all day...................Thank God for Bi-Level Central A/C. According to the BBC, London will be hotter than Gotham City for the next two days.

Best, Pete.

"helping a friend move house"

A thankless task in my, too often repeated, experience.

I glimpsed a moment of Glas. yesterday.

There are others on ERs more qualified to comment but I thought the act (no idea what they called themselves) was just a generally all polluting noise.

A scruffy fellow on Bass was giving himself whiplash by shaking his great mop of hair, obviously carried away into ecstasy by the occasional thrum on his instrument.

Nothing some sheet music and a bluddy good wash wouldn't cure.

Whispy oktas in bright sunshine and temperature climbing here. Grand.

Sideshow Bob is growing a ginger beard.

The other candidates for a replacement in the Jankovitch stakes are falling by the wayside at a rapid rate.

There was a young lady of pleasant appearance who faced S.Williams yesterday.

Reminded me of wrestling a Buffalo with a similar outcome.

Not that I've done that recently.