The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Duplicate 

Edited by BSW01
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Another duplicate 

Edited by BSW01
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

We’ve just had a substitution on the evening TV news. The anchor was having obvious problems suppressing coughs. Coming back from a commercial break, there was a different person announcing. He regularly does the late evening news and I presume he was already in the building. 

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

5 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Last week a certain Spanish tennis player was on Twitter complaining about being put into 14 days of quarantine on arrival here instead of being allowed out to practice hitting a ball over a net.

Today same player announces she has just tested positive to coronavirus.

Vika Azarenka's response to the whiners seems to have been well received.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Vika Azarenka's response to the whiners seems to have been well received.

I see other countries are belatedly introducing quarantining for arrivals, so it would be funny if they returned home and had to quarantine again.  

Though since there is no community transmission currently here, I guess they might be excused.  Damn.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 8

11 hours ago, tetsudofan said:

You're lucky where you are. I'm just 75 and a bit and have not received any communication about a jab.

Spoke to one of my neighbours last week, he's 95 and his wife is 87 and neither of them has received a communication let alone the offer of a jab.

Was looking at the death rate statistics for the local area a couple of days ago, at one stage we had the highest death rate per 100,000 in the country beating Barnsley  according to what they said. Our MP puts it down to number of care homes and OAPs.

Keith

My parents are up the line from you. My Dad who is 83 had his done on Sunday, but had to travel to North Tonbridge to have it.  My Mum who is 77 has heard nothing yet. 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13