The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, tetsudofan said:

Things have changed now John.

If buying a new car now and you want to have your personal plate on the new car the first thing you have to do is put the current car "on retention". This can be done online at which time the DVLA will issue you with a new local age-related number. You then have to get a new number plate made and put that on the car.

DVLA will then send a new V5C Registration Certificate showing the new number as well as the V778 Retention Document for the personal plate.

In my case I then went off to the local M-B dealership with the above documents and they made the new plate and put in on the current car and arranged to have the new car registered and delivered with the personal plate. Soon after that DVLA sends a new V5C for the new car.

Compared to what is was when I first got the personal plate the current transfer procedures are a doddle most of which can be done online.

Keith

Mine is a 2013 car on a 63 plate and I'm the second owner. The change from the personal plate presumably  happened in 2018, which is when I got it.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Suggestions?

Notify the Department of Homeland Insecurity? 

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

If you don't check signals going to bed, you may end up talking in a high voice...

And if you do you get accused of fiddling with those little engines instead and still ending up with a high voice ;)  

• Funny 16

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

from a third party Amazon store

That is probably the answer. Here unless it states “fulfilled by Amazon “ it could turn up by a variety of carriers. The expected dates are usually long in order to give them more time before Amazon complain for you. The reverse happens sometimes too, I ordered some paint from eBay and it arrived as a “gift” from the retailers Amazon store.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

19 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

The Sunderland film is a film that could stand some digital enhancement.

Could be, but it did show the Sunderland taking off across the Sound passing the Hoe and the Citadel and returning to Mt Batten.  Good stuff!

Brian.

• Like 17
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Ian Abel said:

Don't judge me for using Tetley tea bags. They WORK and are convenient and I rather like the tea, though I know many will shun me now

I'm with you at least, Ian.  I am not a tea snob, tea tastes like tea no matter who or where its made so we use Tetley also!:good:

Brian

• Like 14
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Brain cells duly exercised exhausted; an early night beckons for an 06:00 start tomorrow.

G'night everyone.

It's all we can get here at the moment.  Have to wait for visitors from the UK for some Yorkshire tea.  And of course ECCLES CAKES and mint jelly.

Jamie

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 6