The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

Just passing through.

I just wanted to post this link (https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/jan/17/gary-taubes-interview-obesity-calories-hormones-case-for-keto) as a FYI for those of us struggling with obesity and/or Type II Diabetes Mellitus* - quite literally much food for thought!

Back later, enjoy Monday.

iD

* Did you know, that apart from Type I and Type II Diabetes Mellitus, there is also Diabetes Insipidus? Which is a very different beast to DM!

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 15/01/2021 at 09:37, leopardml2341 said:

It's the Chinese spying on your tr@inset :)

I have a spy phone too!
Makes me feel like James Bond :P 

But only seemed to get those prompts at work.  At home, I'm auto logged in, so I thought it was something to do with this.

Haven't had any today.  And I'm at work!

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Nearly forgot. I sometimes have something stuck in the editor, not a problem as its easy to clear. It often happens when you are at the start of a new page or if someone else posts at the same time as yourself. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 7
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, TheQ said:

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare,

4,5 hours plus 1.5 hours plus 1/2 and hour, not too bad a total nights sleep.

My department boss when I worked for GEC last worked genuinely on electronics was on the radios in Sunderlands, I seem to recall he said some of it was up near tail end Charlie..

MS Edge has decided that when you click on a searched for item, it will open it in a new tab, instead of on the tab I'm on... Most annoying, end up with many tabs... The android tablet has a variety of not clearing old messages, or  picking up one from several posts before, or removing the one you're typing when another message comes in..

The point about three cars not having local registrations was it was all three.. You'd have expected at least one to be local. Also the one that attracted my attention in the first place was a 70 reg, ie issued since September, white BMW Estate, hardly likely to have moved around yet.. I bought cars as far a field as Somerset, Central Scotland, Northumberland, Norfolk, Milton Keynes, drove them  and sold some of them in the other areas.

It's worrying they some wish to talk about relaxing restrictions after the first 4 groups are done. In the merely vulnerable group 6, I have this nasty feeling at the end of group 4, the covidiots will go mad and say precautions don't matter anymore..

I'm now Zeroing the test equipment and this weeks major system, which was for a change available for me when I arrived. The boss has taken control of last weeks 2nd major system as there is a major problem with it.. once he's sorted out the problem I may have further work..

Time to... Get measuring..

White Beemer estate could easily be a company car (quite high proportions of 1, 3 and 5 series BMWs are), but if the police were to take an interest, they'd have the registered address in seconds. 

My car is on a London plate, despite the first owner having lived in Derbyshire, me living in Devon, and having bought it from a dealer in Wiltshire! Just to add to the fun, the three letters on the end would suggest it came from Dorset under the old registration marks. The ways we find the cars we want these days mean used cars move around much more than was once the case.

Mine had a personal plate from new, and was subsequently given a new age-related number. I'd always assumed new cars were allocated local numbers from new, to which they would revert once the personal plate was transferred on, but apparently not. Apparently, all re-registrations get London plates these days.

John 

• Informative/Useful 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

I recently came across some photos of myself at a wedding, when I was in my 20s, that I have absolutely no recollection of being at. Not my own wedding, I hasten to add.

I do hope thst you weren't in flagrante delicto with the bride.

Jamie

• Funny 15