The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all..

Great news that your exams are finally over Jam. Good luck and here's hoping you get the results you want. :drinks:

I am up and about Don, just got overtaken by other issues.

It's a beautiful mornig here. Clear blue sky and the morning sun is wonderful...

Last few bits of Eastwood 1 went yesterday. Sad, but it had to be done. At least now I have a blank canvas which will certainly help me with the production of Eastwood 2.

Morning all,

bit late on parade this morning, but had a pretty good nights sleep. The rain must have got into the loudspeakers last night as there was not the normal 5:00 am "call to prayer"............

Off into the bush again this morning. Apparently the clients civil contractor has made a "mistake" on one of the dimensions of the new power house, though how much half a meter is going to make to my installation work remains to be seen. (Memo to self: keep your barbed tongue still!)

Good luck on your results Jam, now the waiting starts?

Have a good un.

Morning All,

It looks like another lovely morning here. Blue sky, and sunshine. Plus, it is a "bridging day" - the day that links a Bank Holiday to a weekend. So, I've got a day off! :yahoo:

Just enjoying a cup of coffee and looking forward to breakfast!

Oh dear Trev - I hope the "mistake" isn't too problematic. You cannot, after all, squeeze a quart into a pint pot!

Have a good day everybody...

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright one hereabouts. You can expect all play to stop at Winbledon next week and we will probably never see the sun again in Southern England as I am having solar panels fitted on the roof! Probably be the first micro-generation system that never generates power.

Did a twelve hour day on wiring up the fiddleyard control panel on Waton yesterday. I never worked this hard when I had a job! I now realise what an excellent job the wiremen I worked with did 30-odd years ago. Probably didn't get paid much either.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It's a beautiful mornig here. Clear blue sky and the morning sun is wonderful...

Is Wimbledon over then?

Yesterday migh right eye became more and more bloodshot and, not painful, but certainly irritating. Woek up this morning with both eyes playing up. I have never suffered from either conjunctivitis or hay fever. i will see how they are by the end of the day but the way things have started it doesn't look good.

Have a goof Friday everyone.

Glad to see the missing bods on parade.

I always have a 'goof' Friday.

Sorry to hear about your eye problems BoD. I hope they clear up quickly.

Although sorry to hear that Eastwood 1 has gone, I'm glad it didn't go via the wood burner.

Still rain in the air and will remain over the weekend.

Morning All, Bright one hereabouts. You can expect all play to stop at Winbledon next week and we will probably never see the sun again in Southern England as I am having solar panels fitted on the roof! Probably be the first micro-generation system that never generates power.

Dave, can you tell us who your solar panel supplier is? My father's interested in installing solar panels at their house at some point (maybe).

Is Wimbledon over then?

Yesterday migh right eye became more and more bloodshot and, not painful, but certainly irritating. Woek up this morning with both eyes playing up. I have never suffered from either conjunctivitis or hay fever. i will see how they are by the end of the day but the way things have started it doesn't look good.

Bad luck with the eye, hope it clears up, but if not you'll definitely need some eyedrops. Conjunctivitis is pretty virulent, so Mrs BoD might end up with it too.

I see that Evian water is being advertised as the official water of Wimbledon. Funny, I always thought the official water of Wimbledon was rain.

Bright and sunny this morning. Hoping to get the baseboard built today for my challenge diorama.

• RMweb Gold

I quite liked the blurb I once read on a bottle of water.

Naturally filtered by porous rocks and stored in underground aquifers for over two million years ....... use by Sept 24th.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Don was correct, I did catch up on some of the missing sleep this morning. I surfaced long enough to wish a Aditi a nice day at work and went back to sleep. Someone posted a leaflet through which resulted in Robbie barking so I got up.

While I was drinking a cup of re-heated tea I read this article in the newspaper about solar panels.

Solar Panel Installers

Tony

Morning all.

While I was drinking a cup of re-heated tea I read this article in the newspaper about solar panels.

Tony

You have to clean them often too. Otherwise efficiency goes down the pan.....

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

You have to clean them often too. Otherwise efficiency goes down the pan.....

Best, Pete.

I can just imagine our window cleaner's response if I asked him to run his squeegee over a solar panel array!

Tony

Interestingly, Tony, (well, mildly I suppose), there is not one Window cleaner in my area - there's a huge opening for Window Cleaners to emigrate to the 'States!

Btw did you read my post on the previous page re: GE? (post:15,450)

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Btw did you read my post on the previous page re: GE?

Best, Pete.

The one about the GE technician Slade fan who looked like David Jason? The first time I saw Slade they were a skinhead band appearing on children's TV.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

It looks like another lovely morning here. Blue sky, and sunshine. Plus, it is a "bridging day" - the day that links a Bank Holiday to a weekend. So, I've got a day off! :yahoo:

Yeah, the city sure was rather devoid of people in the afternoon!

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure that if it were a holiday weekend here, Benfleet would be busy as people try to get to the beaches of Canvey or Southend. Though thanks to BBC Springwatch, I suspect the roads will be packed with people heading to our local wildlife paradise (aka Pitsea Tip).

Evening all! Baseboard has been built today for the 2011 Diorama Challenge layout. Not up to Tony Gordon's carpentry standards, but it's made from offcuts. I've started a layout topic, it's now linked from my signature.

Edited by sixoh8sixoh

• RMweb Gold

Evening all! Baseboard has been built today for the 2011 Diorama Challenge layout. Not up to Tony's carpentry standards, but it's made from offcuts. I've started a layout topic, it's now linked from my signature.

Must be another Tony. I've got an O Level in woodwork but I must have done exceptionally well on the theory paper! I'm wondering about a late entry in the 2011 challenge, of course there will be no wood involved!

Tony

Must be another Tony. I've got an O Level in woodwork but I must have done exceptionally well on the theory paper! I'm wondering about a late entry in the 2011 challenge, of course there will be no wood involved!

Tony

Oops, I just mixed up my Tonys and Gordons, didn't I?

Fingers crossed for you if you decide to enter - it's not that late, there's still 3 months to go before it closes.

• RMweb Gold

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh! Callout over for another month so I can relax now. Pizza, beer and Glastonbury on the TV, surround sound blasting it out.

Life is good :drinks:

Guest Max Stafford

Interestingly, Tony, (well, mildly I suppose), there is not one Window cleaner in my area - there's a huge opening for Window Cleaners to emigrate to the 'States!

Btw did you read my post on the previous page re: GE? (post:15,450)

Best, Pete.

Move quickly if you're interested, this is a limited window of opportunity...

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Having caught up with some of the sleep I did not get the night before, I'm feeling much better today. I may be looking for some new shoes later on.

There's a new heat wave forecast to hit from tomorrow onwards, with Tuesday being expected to shatter the 35°C threshold. This, of course, will eventually be followed by thunderstorms... :laugh:

Cheers, guys...

Move quickly if you're interested, this is a limited window of opportunity...

Dave.

Oh come on, Dave, don't be a pane......

Morning Dom and anyone else floating around.

It's Saturday!

It is, isn't it?...