The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

13 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear can go off people very quickly.....

Who are Sunderland??...

1) Bear is clearly suffering from “Beach-Envy”. I thought bears were made of sterner stuff...

2) What’s a “Sunderland”?

11 hours ago, polybear said:

...Bear is obviously a trend-setter in the world of culinary fashion; some lead, others follow.... :D

...and in Mr P Bear’s case preferably at a very, very safe distance!

11 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

.... Now to decide whats for dinner tonight, bangers and mash or liver and bacon, decisions, decisions.

.....but what about the onions? Both dishes, as excellent as they are, can be taken to a whole new level with the addition of a mound of caramelised onions.

p.s. Just had a thought, add a lamb chop, a small steak and a pork cutlet to the mix and you’d have a superb mixed grill (sausage, bacon, lamb chop, liver, pork cutlet and steak) washed down with a robust stout or porter...

9 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

...Salad cream NO because it is an invention of the Devil....

...if not the Devil himself, then his minions - the food chemists. Have you seen what can be in a bottle of salad cream? Acesulfame K, riboflavin, maltodextrin, modified cornflour, salt, guar gum, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, sulphur dioxide, and sucralose - amongst other things.

Industrial “food” at its finest. :bad:

“World Beating” English cuisine????

9 hours ago, brianusa said:

Its never really been the same since Sid and Lady Felicia left while the bountiful Bunty leaves a lot to be desired and as for Inspector Mallory; its amazing he actually solves anything with the good Father around!:o

Brian.

Bunty isn’t too bad, I suppose. Although given a choice between having my wicked way with Bunty or driving away in Bunty’s car, I would take the car every time.  As for Inspector Mallory, from a dramatic perspective it is clear that this character is the comic foil. However, in terms of the series, he is in his position presumably because he is too thick to pose much of a threat to other parts of the Constabulary that may be either bent, corrupt or in the pocket of local politicians and dignitaries.

6 hours ago, BSW01 said:

I agree with bear, you can go off people. 

Another case of “Beach Envy”.  I’ve now almost got enough cases for a monograph in the NEJM, in PLOS-One or in the journal Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. The only thing that I have yet to figure out is the title (e.g. CoVID-19 Augmented Psychoneuroses in Locked-Down Bears) and the name of this - just recently identified - condition (perhaps BSW-Syndrome or Ursine Invidious Litorephilia?).

And on that learnéd note, I shall bid you an enjoyable Sunday - I’m off to bake a cake..

iD

Edited by iL Dottore
Typo
  • Like 8
  • Funny 7