The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Why am I awake at this hour?

Cuppa decaff might sort it........

Tipping it down and quite windy here, hopefully it will blow over so the planned mornings activities can be completed outdoors.

See you all later :)

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Mornin' folks,

Managed to get some more sleep after my earlier posting :) but with vivid and strange dreams, wonder if it I was the decaff?

It's not raining at the moment and the forecast has improved somewhat, at least in %age of precipitation terms, so planned outdoor work may go ahead (when it gets light) in the meantime cuppa beckons and then some more RMweb reading before breakfast, household tasks and then to the wild outdoors - hopefully!

I'll report later (like it or not :) )

Edited by leopardml2341
Effin predictive text!
  • Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Sla...pi....raining hard in East Sussex...again. It is also that cold n damp n grey sky combination that prompts a lazy day indoors. 
Definitely not inclined to do much in the garden today, got soaked enough already this week. 

Offspring bemoaning the lack of snow, but I said what can you expect in subtropical Sussex. Although their protests do raise and eyebrow, in years gone by on a couple of occasions it has snowed in some of the villages either side of us and we got nothing. They were most dischuffed!

Might settle down to some modelling whilst watching some old films. 

Have a good one all.  :good_mini:

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, chrisf said:

It takes a better brain than mine to keep track of purchases without supporting evidence.

My brain would not recall expenditure either but thanks to online banking apps I can see all the card usage.

• Like 14
  • Agree 3

Good morning (I think!)

Plans for the weekend include a visit to Sainsbury and washing the car (It'd be good to see out of the windows!)

3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

I think, Mr Stone, that your declension is somewhat off. You are making the assumption that “weird“ is less problematic than “peculiar“.  I would argue that “peculiar“ is a relatively harmless state of being (to give a culinary example: putting tomato ketchup instead of brown sauce on your bacon butty is “peculiar”)  whereas “weird“ is so far off the right side of the bell shaped curve that it demands its own graph (again, to give a culinary example:  putting marmalade and mint sauce on your bacon butty is definitely “weird“)

In my defence, yur onnor, 'wierd' and 'peculiar' are relative terms based on the perceiver's attitude. Marmalade and mint sauce are on the shopping list! ;)

• Like 3
  • Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

The sleet has arrived. It is a bit later than forecast. I don’t have to go out but Aditi has a dental appointment later this morning. She did check yesterday and the appointment is still happening.  Our dentist has an impressive helmet and respirator. He won’t do any procedure that involves a spray. I did ask Aditi if she wanted me to drive her to the dentist but she declined the offer. We can see the dental surgery from our house!

3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

again, to give a culinary example:  putting marmalade and mint sauce on your bacon butty is definitely “weird“)

I don’t know where it originates but bacon jam was included when I had a burger in Dublin a couple of years ago.

Have a good day.

Tony

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

I don’t know where it originates but bacon jam was included when I had a burger in Dublin a couple of years ago.

Must remember to check that out if my trip to Dublin ever materialises ...

Chris

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1