The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

9 minutes ago, 45156 said:

Afternoon All

Sorry for absence, but mojo for computer/RMWeb/anything else is on the wane.  So I've not had a great deal of inclination to visit of late - but hopefully, it may return sometime.

Now then, I don't like Amazon, but we do business with them like we do with the law of gravity - and I have actually had a few experiences where I have chosen free delivery on an item sold by them directly, where the estimated delivery date is bettered, as once it leaves their warehouse, and into the hands of their own delivery service, they just deliver as soon as it's at the local depot.

I have a problem with the car, as I thought that the washer reservoir had frozen, as has happened a few times when I didn't use a strong enough solution, but when everything thawed out, still zilch on the washer front, so it's a visit to the garage tomorrow - and I expect that it will be a new motor, as I can't envisage anything else which might be causing this to not work.  Appointment is for 10 45 tomorrow, and I was lucky to get that - garage is a few miles away, so I just hope I don't get stopped by the police for un-necessary travel, and I would be on a hiding to nothing, as it's an essential item on a car these days, but I need to get to the garage to get it diagnosed and sorted,

Regards to All

Stewart

Try the fuse first i have had that happen

• Like 9
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

I've had sludge block and jam the motor, that was in a car we've had from new and nothing but genuine windscreen washer chemicals and water in it.

I took it off,  (lots of screw it's in front of, the front right hand wheel arch cover), blew it back, emptied the tank and refilled.. not had a problem since..

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

There is quite an interesting quizon the BBC website regarding Lockdown rules some of the answers are not quite what you would expect.

I found it very telling that the correct answer to a few questions was ‘perhaps’.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Funny 1

Ar'ernoon from a damp West Sussex village.

HUMP day - it certainly was after our manager called a meeting this morning! Everybody got the hump!

6 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Annual cost of Amazon Prime is £79 or £7.99 monthly.

£7.99 monthly, i.e. £95.88 (22% interest)! They can pay a visit to their local taxidermist on their own behalf (as a well known TV programme used to say) on the whole concept of Prime! I'm happy with their lockers at our local stations!

Good thing about the early starts: 2 to 3 hours of c0ckwômble-free time to actually do some proper work.!

• Like 12
  • Agree 2