The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, chrisf said:

Greetings one and all

I spent more of yesterday afternoon than I anticipated setting up my Twitter profile.  It was a game of 'hunt the emoji' and I found the one I wanted almost by accident.  I suppose the next job is to find some more threads [is that the correct term?] to follow.  Such playthings have no place in the serious arena of RMweb but I just thought I would mention it. ...snip...

Best wishes to all

Chris

I read that and almost choked! :biggrin_mini:

• Funny 15

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

No it is not an "empty " threat.. it is a warning .. if you do get an awl.. it will really hurt..

Baz

Bear will tread carefully...ish :D

Is the hurler of Awls responsive to bribery in the event of serious transgression by any chance?  Cake perchance?

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I have done very little since this morning except the aforementioned bath followed by eyelid inspection and then brunch. I had put the old shower hose back temporarily and tried to fit the new one just now and found that it wouldn't screw in beneath the taps. An inspection revealed that the threads were clogged with limescale so they're soaking in the limescale remover. The old hose screwed back easily but the threads on that are worn and corroded and thats why it leaked. Thats it for now, be back later.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, The Lurker said:

Today, the teacher informed them that they had to do the quiz again as there were "certain issues" with it! I assume he will get 100% this time!

I have mentioned before but one of my students wanted to know which group Mark Scheme was in as he always got 100%.

• Funny 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear will tread carefully...ish :D

Is the hurler of Awls responsive to bribery in the event of serious transgression by any chance?  Cake perchance?

Not sure.. you had better ask her Debship directly but I doubt it!

Baz

• Like 3
  • Agree 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, polybear said:

but the pain & stiffness persists.....

Solutions on a postcard, please.....

Did you injure that paw when you were younger. I managed to acquire various bumps and bruises falling off motorbikes or down stairs or diy related injuries. They all seemed to heal nicely but once I was past 40 (now many years ago) I started to notice twinges in those places. Not sure if bears respond similarly to injury but...

• Agree 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Did you injure that paw when you were younger. I managed to acquire various bumps and bruises falling off motorbikes or down stairs or diy related injuries. They all seemed to heal nicely but once I was past 40 (now many years ago) I started to notice twinges in those places. Not sure if bears respond similarly to injury but...

Unfortunately this I can agree with, although it's didn't really start becoming apparent till after I was fifty.. All my current aches and pains are results of sports injuries received between 15 and 40 years ago..

Edited by TheQ
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

I've found the problem with fitting the new shower hose. I went to move the packaging and out dropped a couple of washers. Insertion of said washers and everything went together perfectly. Even the new shower head clips onto the holder. 

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 7

Good Evening Afternoon! (Forgive the error; I've been put on shift working due to C-19; nearly eyelid inspection time!)

In wider circles, and based on previous comments, the interaction of ChrisF and twitter offers the potential for an extremely large can of worms on which the lid should have been weighted down heavily rather than just prised off, as seems to have happened. Respect and Best Wishes, ChrisF, for applying the can opener.

Elsewhere,

4 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Yes distraction pain. Kick hind paw against concrete post. When pain subsides kick the other paw against said post. Repeat until either paws are broken at which point present oneself at nearest vet and ask for painkillers. Alternative places to inflict pain are available but principle remains the same.

Edited 4 hours ago by Winslow Boy
Grammer

And Spillung?

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

2) Walking Whitney (well, her dragging me) along the railroad track

I like the other recent   video you posted on YouTube of Whitney hunting. I spent so long on “walks” with Robbie as he spent ages investigating a scent like that. 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, polybear said:

Since mid last year Bear has also suffered paw pain - the vet ran a sh1t load of blood tests and seemingly ruled out Arthur Itis, but the pain & stiffness persists.....

Solutions on a postcard, please.....

Sorry no post card but it might be worth trying a chiropractor - if you can find a good one.  In my experience they can be rather good at sorting out body problems with muscles and bones that the ordinary Doctors can't or haven't got the depth of knowledge to deal with.  Or as my GP recently said to me duringa telephone consultation 'I think the best think you can do is talk to the chiropractor about that'.  That it turn explains why I have now got 4 little pins in various parts of my shoulders rather than the two the chiropractor put in on my previous visit.

but be warned - if you've got a paw pain theres a fair chance a chiropractor will stick his elbow into your hip and then lean on it hard enough to make you growl very noisily.  Such torture does not come on the NHS and it won't necessarily be cheap but some health insurance policies (such as mine with The Transport Hospital Fund - many years ago the L&NWR Hospital Fund) will repay your expenditure on such treatment.  Chiropractic treatment is always worth a try in my book but it can occasionally bring tears to your eyes.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

44 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

I like the other recent   video you posted on YouTube of Whitney hunting. I spent so long on “walks” with Robbie as he spent ages investigating a scent like that. 

Indeed, she's certainly located "something" there, every time we go she stops and digs deep into the snow at the same place. With it 8+ inches deep she often is almost entirely buried in her attempt to get whatever she can smell! :)

• Like 19