The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

. I told him to ask why that was

I worked in a school where the head of biology refused to mention evolution and believed in a “young Earth”. He just left those bits of the syllabus out. 
Tony

• Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Worrying:

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/crime-pmn/fbi-warns-of-armed-protests-ahead-of-bidens-inauguration-abc-news

Meanwhile, the Orange One is having a bad day too:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/55615022

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, laurenceb said:

That is daft! Were do some people get there ideas from?

If the teacher had provided the information on a worksheet perhaps it was an unfortunate cut and paste error. However if it was in a discussion I do wonder too. 

• Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' each,

Went for a walk but only for just about a mile around the local rec.  That's enough for my undercarriage at the moment.  Still didn't get to The Shed, maybe tomorrow.

Just spent an enjoyable hour "zooming" with old schoolmates.  One caught Covid from his sons just after Christmas but seems OK now.  It certainly hasn't affected his ability to talk!  Another, who only lives a couple of miles away, has invited me to join his pub quiz team (when we can visit pubs again.)  As said pub is within (my) walking distance I have accepted.  

I'm just waiting for The Boss to finish watching a couple of her interminable soaps and will then dig out a film to watch.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

The haggis?  

Clockwise or anticlockwise?

Just spotted this. A random and duplicate post which appeared while I was unable to access the site. Hmmmmm 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a test fit of the new shower hose, everything OK except the new shower head that I also bought. The problem is that the old shower head is a completely different shape. It came with its own wall fixture that is fixed to the wall about four feet above the bath. The new shower head will not fit in the fixture, its too wide at the base. Tomorrow I will have to refit the old shower head which at present is soaking in limescale remover. Its now persisting down outside and more than a bit breezy but the forecast says it will be gone by morning. Time to put the kettle on, be back later.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Sometime ago I am sure that there was another thread along the lines of ER but which allowed talk about modelling. I think it was called "Night Mail" or something similar. I started following it along with Early Risers but realised about a month ago that I had not had it come up on the list of threads that I follow and had messages that I had not read.

After trying various searches I cannot find the thread! Can anyone tell me if it has been taken down for some reason or what the correct name is so I can find it once more?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 3

9 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Sometime ago I am sure that there was another thread along the lines of ER but which allowed talk about modelling. I think it was called "Night Mail" or something similar. I started following it along with Early Risers but realised about a month ago that I had not had it come up on the list of threads that I follow and had messages that I had not read.

After trying various searches I cannot find the thread! Can anyone tell me if it has been taken down for some reason or what the correct name is so I can find it once more?

Thanks in advance.

No its still in existence have you clicked ignore topic by accident i have done that several times on my phone.  Fat fingers. 

Its called the Night mail

Edited by simontaylor484
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

Thanks in advance.

Its still there, I only discovered it myself a couple of weeks ago. It appears on my listing as I've set it up for threads that I've posted in. To find it again I would suggest going into topics/wheeltappers where it will be listed. When you get in just make sure that you click the 'follow' button.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Its still there, I only discovered it myself a couple of weeks ago. It appears on my listing as I've set it up for threads that I've posted in. To find it again I would suggest going into topics/wheeltappers where it will be listed. When you get in just make sure that you click the 'follow' button.

5 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

No its still in existence have you clicked ignore topic by accident i have done that several times on my phone.  Fat fingers. 

Its called the Night mail

Thanks to the help I have received I have found that although I had followed the topic I had also set it to ignore and therefore it did not show in any search I did, nor was it listed in Wheeltappers!

All sorted now so many thanks.

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

a one way ticket from London to Sydney  will now cost you 7500 pounds

But only £5104 to Melbourne (Emirates, using a random date of 13th April), via Dubai.   But once in you can't get back out.  

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

In attempting to avoid that, this is what you have to go through  when you land here, if you are allowed in.

It might become a bit more interesting when the tennis competition starts.

• Like 14