The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

13 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The "little aussie bleeder" is a blast from the past. Have you seen 'The Gilles Report' performance of "Il Dismissale"? An operatic(?) take on the events of the 1975 constitutional crisis and the dissolution of parliament, first broadcast in 1983.

Fans of the late John Clarke ("the front fell off") can look for him - he has a couple of parts.

No I haven't. 

My other half has "Maintained the rage" for the last 45 years, I'll have to  seek it out for her.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

There's a version linked in the post. Awful video quality - probably from someone's VHS tape. Audio is OK.

Its got two thumbs down. Probably one from John Howard and the other from that up-himself bloke from "Australians for a constitutional monarchy" or whatever they are called.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

I’ve always found that as designed and as built are always slightly different, hence my making notes as I go along, so they can be compared to the as designed, and amendments o the final paperwork made accordingly. 

If only the engineering sector of the privatised r@ilway operated that way......

Whoops, am I thinking out loud again :mosking:

Edited by leopardml2341
Re-Generate the emoji
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

I agree that it is inconceivable that in a country like the US that protesters of whatever group could invade the House of Representatives in that way - security? Did they learn nothing from all the years of terrorism?  

They never saw up front terrorism until 9/11.. that was a shock.. but the latest invasion was obviously going to happen .. so no preparations.. who dropped that one?

Baz

• Like 6
  • Agree 12