The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

A little joy to hopefully lift the mood of those not having  great day.

Vanessa is a Swiss lady, aka Ladyva, iD probably is on his way to see her now.

Its all going fine, and then she gives that #look#  oh my sainted aunt, I need to marry her....

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Hello again from Estuary-Land. RMweb is dead slow now and its easy to see why, the Hornby 2021 announcements are generating plenty of froth especially in Liverpool. Had a look in myself and there's quite a few surprises as well as the one alluded too.

2 hours ago, jonny777 said:

I don’t want to teach any experienced person how to suck eggs, but have you ever considered the eczema flare ups to be linked to what you may have eaten? 

I only ask this question because I slowly discovered that mine are. I know tinned tomatoes have that effect, probably due to the citric acid preservative. I tried an exact replica spagbol using fresh tomatoes with no skin reaction at all. 

Since then , I am convinced supermarket battered fish is also a culprit, and a certain brand of soy sauce. I had thought highly spiced curries might send the itchiness into overdrive, but so far there has been no reaction which is a relief. 

I conclude that my eczema is triggered by a very narrow set of food additives in addition to the usual stress/excitement/worried scenarios. 

Thanks, I have discovered that spicy food does cause a flare up so the salami purchased for Christmas is still in its wrapper and will remain so for a while.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Post has been with a new toy catalogue ...

... from Toolstation

Oi where's mine..

• Like 4
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

A rather dull and grey start to the day in North Hipposhire, which matches my present mood. Although I've got plenty to keep me occupied for the foreseeable future, the present situation is quite depressing and I am aware of the black canine trying to get out of its kennel. So far, though, I've kept it locked up. On a more positive note, since my Dad is a couple of months shy of his 98th birthday we are expecting that he will be getting his first vaccination shot fairly soon, so that should ease one of the nagging worries at the back of my mind. At the moment he is living with us and either Jill or myself are going to his house almost daily to check the mail and his phone messages for news on that front but so far nothing. Funny how things change - on New Year's Day I was feeling quite optimistic but over the last few days that has evaporated. At least I've got ERs and other RMW threads as well as visits to the workshop to keep me going; I pity the poor souls who have nothing like that.

Apologies for the downbeat post. I'll try to be more cheerful next time.

Dave

Do what you can with how you feel. That's it.

• Like 15
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

........and then she gives that #look#  oh my sainted aunt, I need to marry her....

Well, you're welcome to marry her; not that I was ever in the running........ :)

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

For all those feeling a bit down in the dumps for whatever reason, here's my attempt at something humourous.

If you're a cup half full sort of person; you probably need a smaller bra :)

I heard this only last night on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - thank you for making me chuckle again!

• Like 12
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Took a trip to Tess Coes to stock up, got enough now for the next week. No queue's and no crowding so it didn't take to long. Lack of sleep due to the sore foot is beginning to catch up on me so a bit of eyelid inspection will be called for soon.

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 7