The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Whya bugga!!!!!!! Ah did some Madelaine today . . . the chassis for a LNER brake van . . .surprised me . . 

Anyays . . . . It's been said that in a democracy, we get the government me deserve . . .

Surely we don't deserve this sh!t.

Stay safe everyone . . . .goodnight and sleep well.

John

• Thanks 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12

9 hours ago, Tony_S said:

I understand from tonight’s PM statement that I can expect another letter. I hope it is also available online as some letters are taking a while to get here. We had a Christmas card posted in Reading on December 12th arrive today. 
Tony

Mind you some r-mails seem to be taking their time too - I have just had one telling me that one of Mrs Lurker’s Christmas presents is out for delivery; it arrived as originally arranged on 23 December!

Younger Lurker starts home school today for the first time at his new school; work will be released in line with the timetable. The promised extra details for Year 7 have not been forthcoming but I expect we will muddle through!

have a good day all!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

9 hours ago, polybear said:

...Sounds mighty fine to this Bear...apart from the hazelnuts :nono:

Oh Dear. An edentulous bear, surely not?

Or merely an inexplicable (and possibly phobic) dislike of hazelnuts and other fine cake ingredients - such as coffee, cream* and walnuts?

* one can speculate if this aversion to cream in cakes is due to the fact that too often in the UK, synthetic “cream” is found in the patisserie, instead of the real stuff. And as we know bad childhood experiences shape the adult...

• Like 18
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah time to type this in again, again a comment from The lurker deleted what I was typing..

but the  comment from Il Dottore didn't delete anything ... why?

Mooring Awl Inner Temple Hare,

4.5 hours sleep when I woke with main from my left arm, I think I slept on it wrongly, then to the sofa where I got another 1.5 hours sleep as the pains subsided..

Ben the unsure Collie happily went out with me, but then a gust of wind tore through and he came to me for reassurance before continuing on patrol..

The easterly wind has piled up the North sea against the coast, so the river water isn't escaping, the Northern broads are on flood alert, it's just topping the quay in Wroxham, across the car park and just enough on the road to cause tyre spray.

The roads are slightly quieter today..

Cockwomble 1, polishes the boot of my car  for some distance then overtakes on Double whites.. I was doing the speed limit..

Cockwomble 2 on the radio, says the Vulnerable have to shield , then in the same report says, only the Extremely Vulnerable have to shield.. Now What is it? it's important as I'm Vulnerable... Since here I've looked it up and it's just the Extremely Vulnerable, which is a shame... I could do with more Keel building time..

Today is the 12th Night of Christmas and this evening you should take the decorations down.. It's a day of importance to the Bear, the Hippo and Il Dottore... For today King Cake aka Twelfth Cake should be eaten..

I've measured 100M Ohms and now Zero Ohms (0.0000230 Ohms) this morning.

Time to work down from 19k Ohms to 1 Ohm.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

We actually begin the new stay at home instructions with a couple of trips out. Today to collect medication and tomorrow to visit the Heart Failure Clinic.  I think the appointment tomorrow is a reasonable excuse to travel. 
To answer Q’s query. Clinically extremely vulnerable people get NHS texts and follow up letters from Matt Hancock and Robert Jenrick .

A few little parcels are arriving this morning, batteries, Velcro and needles. All of which have been used and we don’t have spares. The needle wasn’t used so much as lost in action. 
Tony

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18

3 hours ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

For the first time in ages woken by cramp in my leg.. it still hurts...ouch! I shall try taking ann an ibuprofen tablet and some diet indian tonic water when I get downstairs. 

Lots of traffic outside.. lockdown? Wor lockdown?

Baz

Who's lockdown?

Morning all . . weather changeable but generally PHILPHY.

Keep smiling 

John

• Like 3
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, Two_sugars said:

Who's lockdown?

Morning all . . weather changeable but generally PHILPHY.

Keep smiling 

John

Geordies marra..  

• Like 1
  • Funny 8