The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

4 hours ago, chrisf said:

There are several on the internet but the one I sought was Welsh in origin.  I have one Welsh cookbook but it's not in there.  One day the solution to the mystery will emerge and take me by surprise.

There's a whole series of welsh cookbooks in the boxes behind me, so looked online for one of those. And found it on an Australian blog
http://www.tiffinbitesized.com.au/2014/01/17/welsh-potato-cakes/

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Good morning all 

We actually had a gritter down here last night which was a pleasant surprise as the street had turned to a skating rink. We are just a little side street but it is quite steep. In the past o have struggled to get the car out due to the design of yhe street.

If you imagine the street as b shaped we live on the right hand side to get up to the main road you have to get up the hill to where the curve comes to the stick but part id block paved and a complete nightmare. Anyway you get the idea hopefully. 

The council wont fund a grit bin they usually end up on some beggars drive and not for the purpose intended. I still have a couple of bags in the garage but they are buried underneath stuff i have accumulated for a skip 

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I spoke too soon about the sore foot, last night it came back with a vengeance. Add to that the rest of the eczema was itching like mad. It might be due to the rain as mentioned by Tony, I'll see what its like later in the week when its predicted to be dry. The lesser spotted glass and bottle wagon was first out this morning as usual, first foray since Christmas and it was very busy. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Friendly/supportive 19

Afternoon all, I've been up for ages, been watching the rugby from yesterday, I changed our bills last year to cut the outgoings, so no longer haver BT sport, miss the game live, but it is available on the premiership website later on and yes GDB I did enjoy the result. SWMBO is taking the tree down, so I shall be required for labouring duties, take care all.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear has rapidly come to the conclusion that trying to undo the supply pipes which connect to kitchen sink taps is a right 'kin pain.  Hands up all those in agreement....

For info, Bear is currently lying on his back on the kitchen floor with all four paws raised in the air.....

In other news:

Nurse Covid has visited and Bear is tested.  After the number of tests completed I should be getting used to it by now; however shovin' a cotton bud down me gob then up me snoogle (twice) still rates as not being fun.

Very brave person, all those teeth. Or do they distract ou with cake? (lemon drizzle varity?)

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

Very brave person, all those teeth. Or do they distract ou with cake? (lemon drizzle varity?)

Probably the same technique*the vet used when sticking syringes up my dog’s nose. No cake though, though there was a treat afterwards for being a very good dog. 
Tony

*muzzle and conceal syringe in hand.

• Like 14

Afternoon all,

Just back in from a short afternoon walk.  Neither Mrs G or I felt like a longer one today.  As we had a planned 6 hour power cut today, we would have gone out this morning, but the roads and pavements were white with frost and looked lethal!  We would have been very cold with the power cut had we not had the wood burning stove, which kept us nice and warm, but had gone out by the time we returned from the walk!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

Well i would like to share one of the most idiotic things i have seen about covid.

According to BBC news covid deniers have been thrown out of Colchester Hospital no dont get your hopes up that someone has seen sense.

Turns out they have been wondering round the outpatients dept over the Weekend taking photos of the empty corridors to claim fakery of the pandemic and that hospitals arent up to capacity.

Didnt the fools work out that in most cases outpatients dept dont work weekends and often shut between xmas and new year. The sad thing is that some tin foil hat wearers will believe this.

I would have shared the link but for some reason it wouldnt work

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium

Instead of kicking them out why not give them a mop and bucket and ask them to clean the wards floors out.. without any PPE.. and no future nHS support to them as it can't make you ill..

Baz

• Like 5
  • Agree 12
  • Round of applause 1

Greetings all from a Sidcup which has been largely cold and wet today.  It was bin day here in the Boring Borough. Mrs Lurker had gone off to school, and Younger Lurker had surfaced for his breakfast. I was just planning to wake his older brother after a little bit more work when then the doorbell rang. It was the (Slightly unreliable) tree men coming as promised - only I'd forgotten. So I put even more bins out so that they could traipse back and forth through the garage and brought my work downstairs. The noise of the chainsaw and chipper certainly made sure Elder Lurker got up a darn sight quicker than the lure of a slice of toast and a mug of coffee would have done!

And now  call to Tea, take care all

• Like 5
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

Well i would like to share one of the most idiotic things i have seen about covid.

According to BBC news covid deniers have been thrown out of Colchester Hospital no dont get your hopes up that someone has seen sense.

Turns out they have been wondering round the outpatients dept over the Weekend taking photos of the empty corridors to claim fakery of the pandemic and that hospitals arent up to capacity.

Didnt the fools work out that in most cases outpatients dept dont work weekends and often shut between xmas and new year. The sad thing is that some tin foil hat wearers will believe this.

I would have shared the link but for some reason it wouldnt work

Also the case in Birmingham, Worcester and Nottingham.  I believe two of the Birmingham 'wanderers' have been located ... but were obviously not sorry about spreading 'denier' false information.   Sounds like a conspiracy of selfish denier individuals

• Like 3
  • Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Round here outpatients do work weekends... However most outpatients clinics have been closed down, to provide more staff for covid and A&E. They, from today, have closed down Cromers minor injuries clinic for the same reason.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10