The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Must remember its BIN day tomorrow and put the bags out. Same next Saturday, then Friday then Thursday as usual. There has always been ethnic minorities in Britain. The only difference is that in past times they have been limited geographically, usually around port areas and many were descendants of slaves as we had slaves too before 1807 when it was abolished. On the cake front, I haven't been able to find bargain stollen or for that matter any sort of stollen, at least it gives my BG a chance to get back to normal. 

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

Like yesterday, it’s never really got much warmer than it was first thing this morning, the highest temperature it got today was 3C, a little bit warmer than yesterday, but only just, however, the sun did shine quite a bit. I’m expecting another overnight frost again tonight. 

I’ve had a much better day today than yesterday, adding the 0v line that I mentioned this morning, to all the switches and LEDs seems to have done the trick, everything now works as it should. However, the downside is that it has highlighted the need for a larger 5v supply. My homemade 1.5A 12v - 5v step down module overheats after a few minutes, despite having a large heatsink fitted to it, so that’s the next thing I need to sort out. Luckily I have a 5A one in stock, so all I need to do is fit a socket and wire that directly to the PtP (Point to Point) modules and LED control boards and that should do the trick. But as I’m planning on making a new integral 3v power supply and removing the external one, I’ll be able to utilise the hole for the new 5v power supply, I’ll just change the socket to match the plug on the 5v lead. 

I’ve been on a bit of a learning curve whilst I built this panel and with what I’ve learned, I’ll definitely be building the next 2 panels very differently. The boards will be oriented differently (turned through 90 degrees) and the grouping will also be different, as will the method of routing the wiring between the base and the lid. 

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

3 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear's here......

Nurse Covid phoned yesterday to arrange yet another routine test for 10am today, which should earn me another token towards the new kitchen oven - the purchase of which feels like a long way off at the moment.....

Are you taking part in the ONS Covid study?

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from a rather cool Charente, white grass outside atvleastvno rain and mud though so we are relatively safe from hippos.  

Lots of tiles got polished yesterday, after freshly baked cheese scones had been consumed on the way vack from the market.  The butter just melts into them when they are warm. The bathroom is looking better. I even scrubbed the floor of the shower and got rid of any grit to make sure thectrap works.  After those exertions I even managed an hour in the shed and completed something for the layout.  

The builder has now arrived to sort some snags out, first off is the leak under the bath.  I have got variouscthings that might or might not get done if I get round to them.  Painting a but of the shed floor can wait till this afternoon when the temperature  is positive rather than negative.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

Are you taking part in the ONS Covid study?

20 minutes ago, polybear said:

Yes, that's the one.  Something to do with how the intake of Lemon Drizzle Cake protects against C-19, apparently.....

First person I 'know' of.

SWMBO is 'out in the road' delivering/collecting those most days. I'm led to believe that the quality of service can be, shall we say 'variable' based on the things she sees in a supervisory role.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Got back from rescheduled provisioning run to Tesco at 07.55. Much quieter than my usual Thursday visit. Breakfast beckons, then a constitutional while the weather holds.

Got some indoor DIY to do later, installing some more storage for the under-development railway room. Needed some Csk M6 bolts which arrived courtesy of the big A yesterday and the drill-driver is on charge.

John

• Like 18
  • Informative/Useful 1