The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

I liked the idea of black pudding as a super food as much as a basic fry up. No nicer way to start the day.

I took the basic idea and adapted it.

Adding raisins,  banana and porridge made with red top, but leaving out the black pudding to avoid cultural approbation. :D

20201229_094016.jpg.9e361737696de7889679b17ee12e1882.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 minutes ago, AndyB said:

And he did. First flakes here now.

A walk has been specified by the Authority.

Andy, are you going sledging on Butser?

Naa, No Sledging, the Suns out here now, I need to find my Bikini and shades.

• Like 3
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Snow has arrived here and may effect today’s plans. Couple of inches but still snowing. I think deliveries are going to be challenging this week and of course there’s going to be a lot due to the holidays. My van is rear wheel drive so not ideal for helping out. 
More importantly will the chippy be open?

Robert

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

1 minute ago, Erichill16 said:

Snow has arrived here and may effect today’s plans. Couple of inches but still snowing. I think deliveries are going to be challenging this week and of course there’s going to be a lot due to the holidays. My van is rear wheel drive so not ideal for helping out. 
More importantly will the chippy be open?

Robert

Where's Here?

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

North Hipposhire is also turning white. Thanks Andy!

Not a lot else to report as the management has declared that the main activity Chez Nous for today is house cleaning. To borrow the highly appropriate Baz-ism - Pah!

Dave

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

44 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

I would argue that Tikka Masala is too “soft” to manage gammon. I think that you would need a slightly acidic sauce to cut through the fattiness of the Gammon. The original Vindaloo (adopted in Southern India from the Portuguese) contains vinegar - which balances out the richness of the pork (incidentally, vindaloo doesn’t have to be mouth scorchingly hot. The original. authentic, recipe is relatively mild...).

I shall bear that in mind if ever I find myself again with 300 grammes of leftover gammon joint.  If only I had had the presence of mind to telephone you for advice from the sauces aisle of the supermarket yesterday morning!  I can only imagine the scene in the Holiday Hovel if the peace and quiet that you enjoy there had been interrupted by the plaintive cry of a ringing mobile phone ...

Chris

• Like 8
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s not snowing, but there is still a little bit leftover from yesterday, mainly on the roof of the workshop and shed and a few near by houses. We both had a bit of a lie-in this morning, we must have needed the kip. Anyway, breakfast is now a thing of the past and I’ll shortly head downstairs to the cellar and carry on working on the turntable control panel wiring. I’m hoping to get the switch wiring in today and maybe connected up too, but that may be pushing it a bit. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 18

20 minutes ago, chrisf said:

I can only imagine the scene in the Holiday Hovel if the peace and quiet that you enjoy there had been interrupted by the plaintive cry of a ringing mobile phone ...Chris

And my reply would have been “great to hear from you Chris...” and I would have settled down to a good chin-wag

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

21 minutes ago, chrisf said:

I shall bear that in mind if ever I find myself again with 300 grammes of leftover gammon joint.  If only I had had the presence of mind to telephone you for advice from the sauces aisle of the supermarket yesterday morning!  I can only imagine the scene in the Holiday Hovel if the peace and quiet that you enjoy there had been interrupted by the plaintive cry of a ringing mobile phone ...

Chris

Reminds me of the scene from Father Ted when Father Ted rings Father Noel Furlong (Graham Norton) who’s busy down hill skiing. Needless to say Father Ted doesn’t get through and Father Furlong ends up needing hospital.

treatment.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Morning all!

No snow in S Derbyshire, well not this bit. I'm a bit ambivalent about it tbh, it looks pretty but it makes travel difficult because of the c@ckwombles who don't know what driving technique s to employ; a 4x4 simply becomes a bigger & heavier sledge. Providing no one's hurt, there is a certain perverse  smugness when driving past a bright shiny one in a ditch in the snow ;) as long as it isn't pride before a fall :(

On that note, breakfast.

Enjoy your day, whatever you're (planning to be) doing.

I think you spoke too soon on this one and of course the local 'hill' down the A444 becomes difficult.  While on the subject of the A444 - the Admiral F&C shop in Overseas also offers excellent F&C. 

I see that you rescinded that comment in a later post.

Edited by PeterBB
Updated info from leopard
  • Like 14