The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

As I’ve been on the wine I think I’ll go for cognac. 

The old adage ‘never mix the grape and the grain’ is well founded.

• Like 2
  • Agree 11
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

32 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Evening.

I think we must be at the centre of the depression (the weathery [avoiding spelling that word] type, not sadness) although I don't think the calibration of this device would impress Q, we have never seen it so low.

baro.jpg.affa84438db65d17a95a59aae795adcc.jpg

Dindins was roast beef, Mrs NHN in charge as I have a day off from the kitchen.  No spuds or yorkies though - low carbing.

Mil also remarked that she’s never seen hers so low and off the scale.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Evenin’ each,

Pie was deployed a little while ago and it was extremely tasty.  Along with that I had a large glass of a very nice Italian red from Puglia which was good enough to be followed by another one which is currently disappearing. Glad to say I’ve never suffered from gout but know several people who have.  From what they’ve told me I certainly don’t want to try it out.:no:

Tonight has been designated a film night so we’ll shortly be watching one of our several Christmas presents.  Another present of the liquid variety may then be sampled.  As I’ve been on the wine I think I’ll go for cognac. 
We’ve had a yellow warning for snow and ice from midnight but as I’m not going anywhere then apart from bed I’m not too bothered. :rolleyes:

We down near the coast would be very grateful if you would kindly keep any Snow you may receive to yourselves up in Surrey.

I thank you very much in anticipation.:good:

When we lived in Swad it it seamed to Snow for no reason at all some times.

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, polybear said:

In that case Bear will be sure to scoff all cake as a matter of urgency; in the event that I should get clobbered by an approaching Train I'd be more than a little miffed to snuff it whilst leaving unscoffed LDC at the mercy of marauding Hippo's.

To ensure you did not get clobbered I said you should go to a place of safety. Until the train has passed you should pay attention to the train and THEN eat the cake. Eating it while the train is approaching means you are liable to be hit which will reduce your intake of cake in the future considerably!

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

It seems that Essex is the national C-19 hot spot. https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nine-out-10-english-towns-23227522#source=push Although Basildon has slipped down the league tables it is still near the top. In top of the list Brentwood the rate has nearly doubled.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Informative/Useful 14

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

ERs I have knowingly met:

AndyRam

AndrewP

BarrieO

Newbryford

Mike Bellamy

Rugd1022

Roundhouse

Natalie

There are probably others, Inc Andy Y, so if I've forgotten you - drop me a pm, remind me and say hello?

As S Derbyshire resident please come and visit once we are up and running - would be great to see you.  Peter

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1