The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Barry O said:

It is blowing a hooley and absolutely chuckinitdarn here.. man the boats!

Baz

It is getting windy here. Not raining but the forecast suggests it will be rather wet from midnight. 

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 1

Good God Grimethorpe with no road out, it's enough to give folk nightmares.

A few years ago we had a look at a house in Brierley just up the road from Grimethorpe on top of the hill. We were quite impressed but we went down in to Grimethorpe because it was easier than turning round on a narrow country lane we passed 2 guys kicking lumps out of each other in the small front garden of a terraced house.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Certainly wet and windy tonight but warm and snug inside and thats where I'm staying. Only had snacks today as I'm feeling rather bloated, yesterdays dinner was a bit bigger than I'm used to and was heavy on the spuds and other root veg. I doubt therefore there will be much change to the waistband. Thats it for now, be back later. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

I haven’t done a great deal at all today, I don’t often sit about doing nowt, so it does make a change. The weather here is grim, raining and the wind is certainly making its presence felt. Yesterday the day started with clear blue skies but a temperature of -4C first thing and I don’t think it warmed up much at all. This morning it was grey and overcast, followed by some light rain in the afternoon. The rain got heavier as the evening turned to night and it’s still at it now.

Goodnight all 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

Hmm forgettery was obviously working well to overlook Jamie - who has actually been here let alone meeting elsewhere on several occasions and I even took him to visit the trainspotting branch of Waitrose.  i also missed other members of the  Brains trust such as Bill Bishop and Dave (Unravelled).   And of course I also forgot Coombe Barton (and Sandy) who I had a brief chat with at the Stafford show one year.   There are probably others whose names have also slipped from my mind but while I can remember faces fairly well i've long been rubbish at remembering names.

Thanks for the Stafford pics Andy - I was there on both occasions at that venue although tucked away on a sidewall dealing with queries about track layout planning and signalling so didn't get around the room all that much - I'd be just out of shot to the right in the lower picture featuring John. and Sandy if it was taken on the year I was on that side of the room.

we too have wind and rain and occasional flickering of the electrickery in our road - due to the weather or maybe the attempts of various residents to put Blackpool to shame.

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, inner Temple hare,

Howling winds , bucketing rain, unhappy Collie.

Hands reminding me of inclemency, though not too badly.

An old branch of KFC appears to have been found in Pompeii, amazingly well preserved wall paintings of chickens round a fast food stall 1941  years after last being seen. If they serve sprouts with the chicken they might be ready now. Southern (Roman) Fried chicken...

time I think for more sleep.. wake me up at 19:41..

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 6