The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Greetings all from Sidcup where I can see a little blue sky, a foretelling of colder days to come. Ocado duly delivered with nothing missing and acceptable substitutions. The only trouble was that the milk was leaking which meant a bit of clearing up before packing away. A trip to the butcher’s at the end of the road ensured all meat requirements have been met and the last present delivery duly arrived. As I have typed this the blue sky has disappeared and it has started to drizzle!

And now there is little to do before Christmas itself although I am slated to cook tea tomorrow evening before the bar opens for Christmas; I am doing Libyan Soup, a Delia recipe from her winter collection which I make more substantial with the addition of extra cous cous.

enjoy the rest of your day.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

For those ER's into mountain biking perhaps you'd like to try this:-

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/833658581006078760/

Not for the faint hearted.

Try searching for Danny Macaskill on youtube - here's a taste, which just happens to involve very large objects on parallel pieces of steel (how he does that first stunt is beyond me...):

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

That IS a colour picture, just too much blowing snow to see anything but white and grey mostly ...

Assuming the weather blows through in the next 48 hours, it looks like you might have a good chance at a picture postcard perfect White Christmas day - clear and a 'tad' cold though.

I love the sun coming out with bright clear skies following a midwestern snow storm.

If we see snow here, it is inevitably followed by clouds or heavy fog - so no pretty snowy days.  We won't be having a white Christmas in the valley this year. After a several days of rain it is sunny today, though we are expecting rain on Christmas.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

The tree is at last up - not lit yet - I still have to sort the spaghetti left from last year.

We haven't changed tier, still 3 - but that doesn't stop me behaving as if we were in tier 4.

As far as I can tell, we remain in Tier 2, but like you, we are also behaving as if we are in Tier 4.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The foot after being incognito for a couple of days is getting sore again so a couple of Nurofen before bed will be called for. Still bin day tomorrow and as I put the sacks out I could see the cloud was breaking up and its turning a bit chillier. Next bin day is Monday week. Now time to catch up with Farcebook, be back later.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 11