The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

In a nearby town, a new fish 'n' chip shop has opened.

During the first three months it has won all sorts of awards.

We've tried it and it is the best I can remember.

We have fish 'n' chips about twice a year - maybe more from now on.

Not only is the product just right but, in the pack there is a quarter of a lemon, tartare sauce and a properly shaped fork.

Lucky us.

It's under £10 for two.

• RMweb Premium

My worry is that I produce mess and nothing else, at least some of your mess is a byproduct of industry.

The heresy of the young, son says of Thin Lizzy and Whiskey in the jar Metallica's version is better!

Edited by skipepsi

Morning all!

First day of a week's holiday. Waiting in this morning for Royal Mail to try to redeliver a parcel or two. Will have Aggers, Tuffers and co for company on the last day of the Third Test. Also Wimblydoon is starting today, Sideshow Bob's up third on Centre Court. Oh, and Durham are playing Yorkshire too...

Plan on getting out on the bike if it stays dry this afternoon. Will also put some thought into my Challenge Diorama this week.

• RMweb Gold

We're good at hygiene but poor at tidy.

I suspect the tidiness will improve now that Aditi isn't distracted by academic pursuits. She does "insist" on tidiness when visitors are expected though but when it gets too much Matthew accuses his mum of having a "Hyacinth" (after the BBC comedy character, Hyacinth Bucket) moment. Our favourite comment is when Aditi said "for goodness sake, tidy up, John Lewis are delivering today."

Tony

• RMweb Premium

water entered various electrical systems and knocked these out.

Not a great mix, I have to say - so much for German plumbing LOL.

Afternoon All

Sunny here at present, but forecast to deteriorate this afternoon, so likely to be wet and horrible when I turn out tonight to take the dog to the vet's (again) and get my ration of health food sausage and chips from the chippy round the corner from the vet's surgery.

Dd - sounds like you've found a treasure - a good chip shop - my idea of heaven - provided they sell Spam fritters - I'm on at the new chippy in town to try them, but he said it's unlikely as he doesn't sell them in his other shop - there's no demand for them - my answer was "but I don't buy at your other shop, and I'd ask for them there" - we'll see.

As to Whiskey In The Jar - I've heard so many versions of that over the years (if fact I used to do it when I was in a folk/rock band and we did it rocky, but it still had more of an affinity with the original) - and I felt that Thin Lizzie did the song an injustice (ducks behind parapet).

Regards to All

Stewart

Morning everyone...:)

Another 3am start and finally found us on page 8.....This site just gets busier..

I'm thinking of starting a spin off to ER's called Very Early Risers. Only problem would be I'd be talking to myself.

Anyone want to buy a railway?....

A bargain if ever I saw one..:D

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=ccs&module=pages&section=pages&folder=&id=6

Good Morning Gordon. This morning I got up at 3:30 am so could have joined your VER forum but didn't rhink nybody else would be on line so wached a comwdy on TV instead.

I loked up your bargain train st but could ot find it. A lot of individual items came up but not constituting a set.

I have fish and chips EVERY Friday. The shop in my building is excellent and well known and pstronised way beyond this suburb. They only cook your fish when you order it so it's a 10 to 15 minute wait. However one can order in advance for a fixed time and then just arrive, bypass the queue and collect one's order. :yes:

Good Morning Gordon. This morning I got up at 3:30 am so could have joined your VER forum but didn't rhink nybody else would be on line so wached a comwdy on TV instead.

I loked up your bargain train st but could ot find it. A lot of individual items came up but not constituting a set.

Try this one Don. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/marketplace/auction_details.php?auction_id=100788

Even though I copied the page address I hadn't realised it took you to an index page

Morning All,

It is a somewhat grey morning here today. We have had rain overnight, and it is drizzling on and off.

Yawn! Time for a coffee.

Have a good one everybody...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Well, as Robert said, it's overcast, hazy and raining on and off – but not cold. Just getting some work done early and will be off for today's course later on.

Cheers!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather dull here and it may rain later. I assembled a building for my railway while watching the Test Match yesterday. Thanks to "rain stopped play" I made quite a bit of progress. No real plans for today for anything special, unless going to buy dog-food counts.

Tony

Morning all, Well life is never boring here!

Plumbing disaster here, the hose from the water heater to the shower had a drip, so I get spanner to tighten it and the ******y thing falls apart.....so now water water very where. Todays challenge will be to find a replacement pipe (Short length of flexible stainless steel with nuts on the ends).

Oh well as the saying goes **** happens,

Happy first day of summer all!

Guest Max Stafford

After yesterday's warm weather which saw me give the garden a good spruce up, it's a bit dreich today.

Boiler is due its MoT between 8 and 10.

Indoor work today and the biggest job will be sorting the bath out. Over time it seems to have settled lower so I'll need to get the wrench out and raise it as I've got a very unsightly gap at the bottom of the tiles that is annoying me immensely.

Once that's done, it's shed time I think.

Have a good day all and had I the space I'd have taken you terminus Gordon. It reminds me of Alnwick in its configuration.

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Planning gone all to pot as usual. Decided to play golf yesterday and ended up soaked to the skin after it decided to hammer it down just as we got to the 4th tee. Not surprisingly the weather forecast for today looks to be much better!

I notice someone is trying to sell a roll of wallpaper and a bunch of gash pointwork on the market place. Amazing what folks will try and sell. ;)

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

...and the biggest job will be sorting the bath out. Over time it seems to have settled lower

Dave.

One of the shower trays in our house started to settle and after removing the panel I discovered that it had been installed with bits of cardboard as packing pieces. Other people in the road discovered the problem when the shower base broke through the floor and encountered the garage ceiling.

Tony