The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

5 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

The ultimate cockwomble display came at Waitrose where the driver of the artic delivery vehicle was giving an amazingly skilful display of how not to reverse an artic trailer.  He appeared to be having difficulty understanding the geometry involved in reversing such a vehicle with the result that the trailer didn't go where he thought he was making it go.  It's a difficult move at any time but I saw him make half dozen failed attempts before he got it almost right (after which he had 4 goes trying to straighten the way the trailer was heading) but herself said he'd been at it for more than 10 minutes before I arrived.  if he had passed a test for a Group 1 HGV Licence the examiner must have been blind or drunk.

A highlight of one of my trips to the Northern Territory was watching a road train driver reverse  his 3 trailer rig  about3 truck lenths  backwards  around a slight curve  into a space between two others. Thats mental  skills.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

The only reason that I would want to travel to the other side of the world.

What about the Wombats and quokkas?  Really nice animals ..

Baz

• Like 13
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

We are getting our Christmas dinners delivered tomorrow. As the Village dinner was cancelled, the catering students at the University will be delivering it frozen. We're apparently having it for my birthday instead.

The local abbatoir has had around 80 cases (arithmetic doesn't always add up to the headlines).

I'm not sure what our current restrictions are; they don't seem changed from last week.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

1 hour ago, BR60103 said:

The local abbatoir has had around 80 cases

Food processing plants are typically some of the highest CoViD-19 outbreak locations. We've had problems with seafood processors in Oregon.

Prisons, nursing homes, and universities and houses of worship (that don't follow distancing guidelines) are also particularly bad. At this point the epidemic is so widespread that gatherings in homes are the highest contributor to new infections here.

• Like 4
  • Agree 9
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

While drinking my mugatea I read a BBC report about Covid in Switzerland. Looks like the Cantons have taken Dithering to almost as high a level as the UK.

Today sees herself doing her last volunteering before Christmas. I have a present to wrap, a customer is dropping some crust earning off and I need to hoover up around the tree..pah! For the last bit. 

@Erichill16 i was self emploted for a while and had to buy commercial insurance for my car.. ouch!!

Stay safe! Hope that some of our missing ERs call in soon!

Baz

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Wet and windy earlier but not raining at the moment.  A dull, blustery, mild, overcast day is forecast along with the chance of more showers.

No firm plans for today.  Not sure whether we'll be going for a walk as The Hip is protesting somewhat. Had to cut short yesterday's walk because of it.  Trying to avoid taking painkillers unless I really have to.  I may just go for a 15 minute stroll to get some magazines for The Boss.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18