The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good moaning from the Charente.   I like sprouts Beth is notva great fan but does a nice version by dicing them and stir frying them with onion and garlic. Apparently  she used to help her younger brother out at Christmas by hiding his three in her pocket.

It was damp yesterday but we did the market in the morning. I then srved up Coquille St Jaques (a la Aldi) for lunch. A walk round the village in the afternoon, some eyelid inspection then a roast dinner with pork as the centrepiece and some Netflix on the idiot box.

The builder wil be here soon and hopefully our new ID cards will be delivered later.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Yes, but why?

1 hour ago, chrisf said:

I had a worrying moment yesterday.  Having quality bottled beer for the holiday season is one thing but what if the bottle opener cannot be found?  Fortunately it has turned up and is now in a place where it is much less likely to be buried by other things

Only one bottle opener?

We have one on every house key ring and I think some of the car keys plus in my camera bag and even have one waiting to be fixed to a table or wall in or by the shed. I remember many years ago in the States trying to get the top off a bottle with an opener wondering why it wouldnt come off till I realised there were such things as screw caps on beer. Dont see those these days.

As for sprouts , why eat them at all - certainly not me. Mum does them every Xmas and each time says  ' I thought you liked them'.

A new mini PC is due today bought by my other half as the living room PC is still Windows 7 and for some reason has stopped playing Youtube live rail cams but will still play other such sites videos. Its also lost the clock time a year ago and the internal motherboard battery is buried deep under many other components meaning a complete dismantle plus on some occasions it has been refusing to boot up in the last day or two. My other half is missing the live cams while working from home, so shes bought the new sub £200.00 PC but I have the task to set it all up. This little PC is quite powerful and allows for two monitors to be used at once plus 6 USB ports etc. We have a spare monitor but not the space to set two up.

Today is shopping for Mum and us.

First cup of tea drunk and secong cup about to be brewed plus toast.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Mooring awl, Inner Temple hare.

5 hours sleep  woke in great pain from my back, all screwed up in a ball,  2 hours sleep wake in panic, because the watch says I should be up and around, then Notice Ben the Alarm clock Collie is snoring, check watch again.. it's gone all continental on me, an hour in advance.. another 1/2 hours snooze was had.

Ben did stay tucked up in bed until I headed for the kitchen for breakfast which included 2 pink pills... He also wanted out into the rain.. I hid behind a tree while he had a good snuffle.. Getting into the car and clearing the garden onto the open hillside (24ft ASL) it was apparent there was a lot more rain out there. It shortly turned into firehose weather, and so it varied on the way in between home and work not a lot, to exceedingly soggy.

An email announces Tuesday and Wednesday are clear out the engineering area time, ready for the ceiling change... If I get told to join in, I'll ask them to tell the manufacturing area and the service area their equipments won't be back from cal till February.. 

I've got the major equipment, I started running Friday doing automatics, it's currently doing a 38 minute run, and shortly I'll head down there to set it off on a 310 minute run, which will give me the chance to do the start of the main manual tests on this equipment.

Time to ... zero this equipment..

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

......... my dad loved it though it had to be taken down on occasions such as when the Bishop.of Wakefield visited before Dads Ordination............

:laugh::clapping:

11 hours ago, BoD said:

Is it time to put the sprouts on yet? 

Sprouts on pizza?  Yeah, why not.....

Mind you, the well-known "side-effects" of sprouts are often fun.  If you've never been on the receiving end of a polybear f@rt you've never lived.  I had a load of sprouts one year, followed by a jumbo bag of salted peanuts.  One big f@rt and I'd pebble-dashed three council houses.

Cards written, stamps applied.  Gone are the days of the penny black - I'll need a loan for that lot (not that there are many).  Today will be the removal of the 2nd last kitchen cupboard (next door have a skip on their drive...I wonder....) and removing the back panel of the kitchen sink cupboard.

• Like 17
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, polybear said:

:laugh::clapping:

Sprouts on pizza?  Yeah, why not.....

Mind you, the well-known "side-effects" of sprouts are often fun.  If you've never been on the receiving end of a polybear f@rt you've never lived.  I had a load of sprouts one year, followed by a jumbo bag of salted peanuts.  One big f@rt and I'd pebble-dashed three council houses.

Another reason why I dont like them, especially when my other half has had sprouts:mocking_mini:

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, simontaylor484 said:

Silly me i thought they had managed to make reisling in the North East but thats Blaydon :jester:

There is a winery on Tyneside. Probably not using any Riesling grapes (difficult to grow in England) but almost certainly using some Bacchus which is closely related.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, pH said:

Flicking through the sports channels on TV, I’ve just come across the 2020 World Championship of the World Axe Throwing League! I just hope everyone can be a good loser if they have to be.

Not a sport for Donald Trump then.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 12

Morning, Tesco's cavalry have been and gone, only down side with an early delivery, no booze allowed(no wonder there were slots free), but Sainsbugs will be delivering the liquid lunches next week, sure I can wait for a week and give my liver a rest lol. Take care all and stay safe.

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

We both got up late today, so everything is running late. Just got downstairs to the cellar and I'm about to start working on the paint stripping, fab joy, but it will all be worth it in the end. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Br3

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Mention of guitars reminded me that a family friend went into production of his own design of guitar about forty years ago. He was a professional musician, principally guitar named Terry Pack and being based in Blackpool there was plenty of work for him. The guitar was called the Pack Drill but unfortunately just as he started production the firm producing the guitar bodies folded and he couldn't find anyone else to produce them. Only a couple of dozen made it on to the market but they were well thought of apparently. So if you come across a guitar labelled Pack Drill you've got a rarity. Terry is still alive, he's now in his 80's though I haven't been in touch with him for years I think my sister still exchanges Christmas cards with him.

• Like 16