The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

11 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Like me. There were compensations to growing up in Liverpool such as attending the same school as a couple of lads named McCartney and Harrison (3 years ahead of me) as well as several other showbiz 'names' and going to the Cavern at least a couple of times a week. I also as a nipper got to ride on the Liverpool Overhead Railway and lived about half a mile from Edge Hill shed, Olive Mount cutting and the Binns Road Meccano factory.

Must go now as there's a car parked outside with some nice alloy wheels.......

Dave

Don't forget the bricks

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Very good news Chris! Hope your injection goes well today.

Fatchy pog here and it sounds wet outside.

I am off to the post office this morning to post an item then I am waiting in for a parcel for youngest Herbert.. he got his own address wrong...doh!

Mugatea required..

Hope @Gwiwer is ok?

TTFN

Baz

• Like 15
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Good morning all,

Very glad to hear your good news Chris.  Long may it last.

Lots of rain overnight but it's stopped for now. Some brighter spells forecast later with the chance of some showers.

Only one thing on my mind today and that is collection of my new purchase.  Waiting for a time for my "click and collect" slot.   At least that's what they call it.  Once I get the call I will be heading to a large ##### ####### emporium in Epsom.

As you may have guessed GDB is like a big kid hoping for Christmas to come early.  

Have a good one,

Bob.

Motor dealrship? (sic)

• Like 15

2 hours ago, chrisf said:

Greetings one and all

I had some good news yesterday.  It came in the form of a phone call from the hospital telling me that the CT scan of my bowel had found nothing of concern.  I have one more interface with the sh!t kit, in two years' time, and that's it.  As the human body is by nature biodegradable I am sure that there will be other health scares for me to face but sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof!  Today I am to have the Zoladex injection which is the cornerstone of my treatment for prostate cancer.  I recall just how devastated I was at the diagnosis and know only too well that it has the capacity to turn round and bite me.  Until it does I carry on regardless.

Talking of which - the news broke overnight that Dame Barbara Windsor has died.  What a long and varied career she had, and how cruel is the wretched Alzheimers that took her.  She will be fondly remembered by so many.

Best wishes to all

Chris

Good news Chris, I'll raise a mug of coffee to you later.:good:

• Like 12
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Mornin' awl...

A rather patchy attendance through the week for me again, like many, it's been both good news and bad. I hope to catch up tonight once duties are done. Meanwhile, a Friday riddle: 

Many people know Friday as POETS day, but for me it's BALLADS day. If 'S' is the first letter of my forename, what's that acronym stand for? (The clean version only please!)

A clue - it dates from when I worked in retail, selling books & model r*******. 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7
  • Friendly/supportive 6

8 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Like me. There were compensations to growing up in Liverpool such as attending the same school as a couple of lads named McCartney and Harrison (3 years ahead of me) as well as several other showbiz 'names' and going to the Cavern at least a couple of times a week. I also as a nipper got to ride on the Liverpool Overhead Railway and lived about half a mile from Edge Hill shed, Olive Mount cutting and the Binns Road Meccano factory.

Must go now as there's a car parked outside with some nice alloy wheels.......

Dave

Liverpool is my second favourite UK city after my hometown of London where I grew up just around the corner from Waterloo Station.

I spent ten great years working in Liverpool in the naughties.

Chris

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s raining, it wasn’t when I sat down to eat my breakfast, I might get wet on my walk to the butchers, so I might delay my visit until it eases off a little. After that it’ll be a quick muggertea and then a visit to the Trafford Centre. There are no firm plans for the afternoon, but that could always change. 

I also like Liverpool (yes I know I’m from Manchester), quite a lot of my former work mates were from Liverpool, so we used to alternate where the annual Christmas ‘do’ between Liverpool and Manchester. Some of the best ones were in Liverpool, the pub atmosphere was far more relaxed. 

Chris, good news regarding your scan results. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Having endured 3 years of being edumocated furtherly in Liverpool, it's fair to say I hated the place for the first year, and accepted it in the second, and came to terms with enjoying what I could there in the third.  But I never actually liked it!  I wasn't sorry to leave.  Like anywhere I suppose when it is your home then you have an attachment to it, but it wasn't and isn't a city I enjoy/ed.  Conversely I expected to hate Paris, and resisted going there for some years, when SWMBO utilised the MBO bit and finally got me there I loved it! 

OK, orf to the club, full Manx on the cards.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 9