The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Two people have guessed correctly and one has mentioned it but said it can’t be that.. but it is.  Don’t forget I said at the beginning that life is too short and I may well be bonkers!  

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Apparently invites are going out for the Corvid-19 test. Its the quick test and will only be for those who have no other symptoms. Though I live in one of the post codes mentioned my own ward is not as badly affected as the ward(s) that share the same postcode.

https://www.essex.gov.uk/news/basildon-residents-first-in-essex-to-get-fast-testing-for-covid-19-for-those

I expect the test will have to be repeated at frequent intervals until one is vaccinated. I'm still trying to find out if there is an alternative to injection (needle phobia). I've tried Google but they keep sending me to a US site, even when I specify UK only.

• Friendly/supportive 18

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Two people have guessed correctly and one has mentioned it but said it can’t be that.. but it is.  Don’t forget I said at the beginning that life is too short and I may well be bonkers!  

A Skateboard?:fie:

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

image.png.fb97446d090cfed3d6d5d75f67240603.png

• Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

I reckon GDB has bought a stonking great 4x4, sticking two fingers (not the ones Poly refers to) up at the electric cars crowd.  Plenty deals available at the moment, they're desperate.

Might be a Tesla though, they do make some very fast models. 

• Like 12
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Having ridden in one set to 'launch' mode - you wouldn't believe it!  Smashed back into the seat, and that's from a bike rider used to fast vehicles.  So much torque and grip, stunning.  Hated it though.....no soul. But oh so fast.

Edited by New Haven Neil
speelink
  • Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Our nephew actually owns a Tesla dealership in Hampshire and has tried to persuade me to buy one but I haven’t got that sort of money!  :no:

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Having ridden in one set to 'launch' mode - you wouldn't believe it!  Smashed back into the seat, and that's from a bike rider used to fast vehicles.  So much torque and grip, stunning.  Hated it though.....no soul. But oh so fast.

Yep, sounds just the jobbie for your humble resident accident waiting to happen correspondent! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

Yep, sounds just the jobbie for your humble resident accident waiting to happen correspondent! 

Its only a matter of time before the owner stacks it, he makes a habit of it.  Lets say money is no object to him.  They're not cheap, that's for sure, and TBH I wasn't impressed with the build quality, but boy does it go.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Sidecar outfits don't count, Bob!  Awful things.

My Dad had something called an Autocycle to ride to work when I was a toddler. He and Mum were saving for a motor cycle and sidecar but I suspect my younger brother’s arrival hindered that plan. We moved to Somerset and the job Dad got came with a house so they had enough money for a Ford Anglia (1948 version I think). His next motorbike was a BSA Bantam he had when he was about 60 to go to work. I have just remembered he had a Triumph T10 scooter to commute to work in Birmingham on too. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

Some more horrifying newscoming out of the report into maternity services at Shrewsbury hospital 

Unreal to say its 2020

I heard the father of one of the babies talking on the news - the story involved the use of an air ambulance.  To say it was a complete fustercluck would be a total understatement.  Beyond belief.

52 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

TB did you not see my earlier post about a mishap on a motorised bicycle, well actually tricycle as it was a BSA 500cc Gold Star combination. 

Gave it a little bit more throttle but it pulled to the right and all of a sudden I've shot across the road, caught the OS footrest on the back of a 1960s Ford Anglia's back bumper, spun around the back of it, up the pavement and into a neighbour's drive through their wrought iron gates which were closed at the time. I somersaulted over the handlebars and landed on my back in the roses. 

You stacked a Goldie?  Do you know what those things are worth now? What did your mate say?

• Like 16