The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, newbryford said:

Make them all sit together at the back....

Behind a sealed cabin door.

Make them board last, get off last, no hand baggage, hard plastic seats, b.all legroom no food or drink allowed, no movies, no pc/tablet/phone, no toilets......

This could get silly....:laugh:

• Like 3
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, polybear said:

Make them board last, get off last, no hand baggage, hard plastic seats, b.all legroom no food or drink allowed, no movies, no pc/tablet/phone, no toilets......

Surely landing would be by pushing out of the door (using a long pointed stick) by parachute..

Edited by TheQ
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 11

32 minutes ago, polybear said:

Even better: You let them travel, in a separate cabin (with minimal staff, all of whom have been vaccinated) and then - when they get to the other end - leave them to the tender mercies of the destination authorities, which would likely mean 14 days enforced quarantine in a secure location (preferably at their own cost). This would make more than a few anti-vaxxers thinks twice.

In regards to the very valid comments about some people (very, very few) being allergic to the excipients in the vaccine, by the end of 2021 we will have at least three vaccines available - one of which likely to be suitable for those people who are allergic to certain excipients (poor bu99ers).

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

We will be off soon to Chelmsford to leave my car for its MoT and service. . I have put the wheel nut security thing in a very visible place. I have my phone app with QR code ready for me to register at the garage. 
 Just the fog to get through now. 
Tony

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Anaglypta,  often many layers, is, as you say, a real b***** to remove with some of the plaster on the walls (pre 1950) that appears to be held on by the paper.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. A bit foggy here first thing but its showing signs of lifting. A bit of ice on the car but that should be gone by the time I go out, if I go out. Tea awaits so its be back later.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

We have returned from Chelmsford. It was a bit foggy going but wasn’t too bad returning. I checked in at the garage with the Covid app and the no contact handover was done. I dropped my keys in a plastic bag, told them I wasn’t bothered if the car couldn’t be done by this evening ( we agreed  that it was easier to say tomorrow definitely rather than late this evening) and we came home. 
Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, TheQ said:

Surely landing would be by pushing out of the door (using a long pointed stick) by parachute..

2 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I'm isn't that a waste of a perfectly good parachute.

Rats!  You beat me to it....:laugh:

23 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

Anaglypta,  often many layers, is, as you say, a real b***** to remove with some of the plaster on the walls (pre 1950) that appears to be held on by the paper.

I'll see you and raise you:  painted woodchip paper....

• Like 9
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Premium

I have just been watching the news on TV with a report about a fund raiser doing seven marathons in seven days. What he has achieved is great but when he finished the seventh marathon he was hugged by at least ten people none of whom were wearing a mask. Surely the rules say we can only be in a group of six and if the first person he hugged has Covid then it is possible there are now eleven people with Covid. Given that the funds were being raised to help solve medical problems (MND) it seems that an own goal has been scored at the end of a very worthy effort which I find very sad. 

Edited by Chris116
Incorrect information
  • Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, chrisf said:

Greetings one and all

Current thinking is that the over 80s will be high on the list.  I cannot think of this without being reminded of the Over 80s Nudist Leapfrog Team, made famous by the writers of “Beyond Our Ken” all those years ago.  I leave the thought with you.

Best wishes to all

Chris

I just had to Google "Over 80's Nudist Leapfrog Team". Alas they are no more due to shrinking members after an ice bucket challenge.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Premium

Well, that's the first coat of tanking solution applied, just got to let it dry before I can do a second coat. I think an afternoon in the workshop might be in order. 

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 1