The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

Boy, am I glad it's Friday! It's been a short week, but a busy week.

The sun is shining and the sky is blue this morning - which makes a pleasant change from yesterday, although the promised rain didn't materialise in anything more than a brief shower.

Have a good day everyone!

Mornin all,

Yup tiz Friday, (again!) why do the weeks seem to get shorter??? Heavy rain & thunder at the moment here, which could just make life a bit more "interesting" today.

Got bit hairy on Wednesday afternoon when 6 guys on 2 motorbikes tried to hi-jack the car! (Though why any one would want a Kia Rio??) Fortunately my driver had the presence of mind to run into a truck, and the ensuing crowd chased the would be assailants away............... the car now has a few more battle scars.

Have a good un all.

Good Heavens Trev! You lead an "exciting" life.

It isn't so much what you said, but the "oh so matter of fact" way that you said it!

Six guys, on two motorbikes?!? That's probably why they wanted a car. :laugh:

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Slightly dull and breezy here but lots of rain is forecast later.

Trev. When my brother was in Nigeria he had to do all his own driving but he did describe plenty of incidents that weren't covered in the Highway Code.

I think I'm mainly "tidying up" today. There will be visitors tomorrow so the model railway stuff in the dining room needs to be removed. As Matthew is away, I'll just put it in his room this weekend.

Tony

Scary stuff Trev. You must be one cool dude....:yes:

Hoping to start the next board round on Eastwood today. Thanks for your kind comments on the layout thread. Despite the apparent lack of interest, there do seem to be quite a few following my progress on this gargantuan task. Did one final check over the last couple of weeks to really be sure that ET couldn't be a through station and drop the terminus idea. This through station option keeps coming back to me, but the work on Templot over the last week has shown that it is almost impossible to achieve long platforms and large radius curves at either end in the space available.

Don't worry, I'm not changing my mind again, just trying to be 100% sure it can't be done and that a terminus is by far the best solution. Once I get the tiniest doubt in my mind, I just have to check it out before really committing myself to the final design. I'm fairly sure I'm there now...B)

• RMweb Gold

Gordon. Many years ago I had a terminus station with a loft size roundy-roundy and it gave lots of operating fun as I could play trains while big express trains passed by. Aditi sent a dissertation pdf for final tutor comments last night but somehow I don't think I'll ever get the study back as my railway room!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Plenty of oktas in evidence, the threatening kind. No golf yesterday (fairweather golfer) so spent the whole day wiring up baseboards! Very tedious but necessary. One more board to do which will take me a couple of days. Not much else occurring in these parts.

Put the axe away Gordon! A terminus will be much more interesting. Just think KX and spotting from the end of the platform.

Cheers

Dave

It's OK guys and thanks for putting my mind at rest, but I just had to reassure myself that it can't be done. All of the issues with our friends and their cancer and job issues have occupied a lot of mental time and sometimes you just have to escape. Of course this coincided with little activity on the existing design and doubts came flooding back. I'm now convinced that all the time progress is being made, motivation and visualisation are high and there are no problems. Stop or get distracted and you become critical of your own work and apathy and doubt set in. Breaking for a short while is fine, but more than that and I switch off. That's one of the reasons I force myself to write the Eastwood updates. It makes me focus and blocks out the 'what if' scenarios....

Jack is out at her Mum's today so work will start again shortly....:yes:

Guest Max Stafford

Hello lads. Sorry I've not been on lately but life has seemed to be very busy in other departments of late. On the bright side though I have a 12 hour shift today from three followed by a regular 10 hour job tomorrow, after which I'm not back in until the 4th of July so I will have an opportunity to get some semblance of normality back into the equation! :D

Trev's Nigerian adventures sound rather interesting and to be honest, rather you than me pal! ;)

Gordon, I think I will need to take a leaf from your book about maintaining discipline and focus if my own project is to make any headway!

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Once I get the tiniest doubt in my mind, I just have to check it out before really committing myself to the final design. I'm fairly sure I'm there now...B)

I'm much the same, Gordon – no worries :yes: .

Well I would never have thought it, but just back from physio on my back where they have been using Acupuncture. This is a first for me, so I am just amazed by the improvements in movement Acupuncture has given me after three treatments. I have no idea how it works or even why it works, but who cares? Put me down as a believer....:drinks:

• RMweb Premium

Now this was odd... The Faulty Tower (which is how I call the high-rise building at uni from where I took those panoramic photos I had posted on here last fall) was completely closed off due to power supply problems – so no course today.

The day before yesterday, several stations in Frankfurt along the suburban railway tunnel through the city centre were blacked out, also following power supply problems. OHLE power was available, but the signal boxes had been knocked out.

• RMweb Gold

Now this was odd... The Faulty Tower (which is how I call the high-rise building at uni from where I took those panoramic photos I had posted on here last fall) was completely closed off due to power supply problems – so no course today.

The day before yesterday, several stations in Frankfurt along the suburban railway tunnel through the city centre were blacked out, also following power supply problems. OHLE power was available, but the signal boxes had been knocked out.

Perhaps you should have lots of French owned electricity supply companies like we do!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Cloudy sky at the moment and the weather's forecast to be sort of unsteady. Looks like a trip to the blue and yellow Swedish furniture house may me due later on...plus revision.

Caffeine level's not where it should be as of yet, so I'm now gonna have another cup :yes: .

Cheers, guys...

Hi Gordon. Very, very pleased to hear of continued improvement in your back. It's been a long, long purgatory. Well done Sir in keeping up your cheerfull demeanour.

Cold, grey and still pitch black outside. Sunris isn't for another hour ++ yet but forecast says cloudy and drizzly max 12 and still more than a WEEK TO MID-WINTER.