The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

I like the top (red) one better; easier to visualize.

That’s the milk choccy hearts one.
My little critters are plain choccies. Mmmmm. :nyam:

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, brianusa said:

Such is the power of political persuasion:unknw_mini:

Watching the clip yesterday  of the republican guy in the MAGA hat in Georgia, at some republican gathering, telling the other republicans there not to vote for the republican candidates in the run-off election (which will make or break the republican majority in the house)  for some reason that escapes me but seems to have something or other to do with them not saying loudly enough that the election was rigged is the wierdest example of political persuasion I've seen lately!

• Agree 9
  • Informative/Useful 6

42 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

Watching the clip yesterday  of the republican guy in the MAGA hat in Georgia

Bit close to the 'no politics' guideline there.

It's a bit like being in a parallel universe right now.

EDIT:
Meanwhile about 1 in 23 Americans have been diagnosed with CoViD-19 and of those, almost 2% are dead. 

CoViD-19 fatalities in the US are about 84 per 100,000. In he UK this rate is 90 fatalities per 100,000.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 6
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Feels like a damn sight less if you ask me, the bike club will be the car with the heater on club this morning!

Lightweight :laugh_mini2:

Bear well remembers going to work thru' the country lanes on his Suzuki ER50 during the winter of 1981:

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/in-pictures-when-were-britains-worst-winters-11364131064773

2 hours ago, chrisf said:

Tony S, thank you so much for sharing the story of Daphne, the koala in the Christmas tree.  It is perhaps as well that she was not sitting at the top in the place normally reserved for the fairy!  The story deserves to go viral, for surely the world needs a dose of happiness at this time.  I discovered koalas last year when “Lewis” was rescued from the bushfires by the heroic action of a grandmother.  I find them both cute and fascinating, and sometimes very funny.  It appears that many contributors to YouTube agree with me.

Yet more cuddly Koala stories feature in this article:

https://www.sciencealert.com/australian-family-finds-a-live-koala-in-their-christmas-tree

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s been raining overnight but it isn’t at the moment. Friday, means a walk to the butchers for the weekly meat rations and hopefully a pastie for my dinner, this has already taken place and the pastie sits beside the microwave. I’ll shortly head off to the Trafford Centre for the few items that I can’t get at Sainsbury’s, on my way I’ll drop Sheila off at the surgery as she is due for a blood pressure check. 

There are no firm plans for the afternoon, but that could always change. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Abbi the Yeti in for her new boots this morning. Miserable conditions going over the common and just as I pulled into the garage, one of the parking sensors "failed safe", I.e. detected a non-existent obstruction and got really noisy. Better than it happening after I brought her home, I suppose!

Guess they'll be keeping it an extra couple of hours unless they have a spare one in stock...

John

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Grey sky here but no rain. 
We will be at home for most of the day (as usual). We have a  delivery of a small freezer that is expected to arrive in an hour or two. Then a trip down to the chemist for medication supply. I had got down to a couple of items last year but need a small sack now! Matt Hancock wrote to me yesterday suggesting I avoid  visiting the pharmacy but Aditi is going in, I will just drive and park nearby.

Tony

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 12